Quantcast

Paris Mt DH Race Updates

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Well guys and girls we are now 2 week out to the Paris Mountain DH race. Things have come together great and lots have sponsors have stepped up to help make this event happen for all that attend. It will be a fun event and one you should be happy about after attending. Remember if you haven’t signed up yet you can sign up for $40 online. Day of Race Registration fee will be $50. You will get a Race Tee-Shirt, Cane Creek Pint Glass, and a $5 Raffle Ticket for Saturday’s Night Raffle Drawings. Lots of nice prizes to be given out that night with the grand prizes being an Eastern26 Bikes DJ-4 Frame. Extra Raffle Tickets can be bought that night for $5 a ticket before the drawings start. Remember all proceeds for the Events that weekend go back to the Local Upstate SORBA Chapter that will in return put it back into the Trail System at Paris Mt. State Park.

Saturday the 20th 5:30pm

Barley’s Taproom and Pizzeria will be the place to be in Greenville that night if you are a Cyclist. Those coming from out of town, in town, Racing, or not racing are welcome to come and attend. Barley’s will be supplying a Keg of beer, so come and get it while it last. The event will be held upstairs and all ages are welcome from 5:30pm till 7:30pm and from then only 21 years and older. Registration will be open from 5:30 till 7pm for Racers to sign up or those Pre Registered can pick up their Race packets, Tees, Pint Glass and Raffle Ticket. Raffle drawings will be pulled just before 7:30pm. You must be present to win. After the event is over at 7:30, Barley’s welcomes you to stick around to try one of the 200+ Beers they have to offer or head downstairs for some of their great Food.

Sunday the 21st Race Day at Paris Mt State Park

8:00AM Park opens and Registration opens as well the Shuttle will go up the Mountain for the first time. At 10:30 Registration closes with the last practice shuttle going up at 12pm. 12:30pm there will be a Riders Meeting at the Registration Area, with the first racers taking their first runs around 1pm. After the first runs are over there will be about a 30min break before the second runs start. Awards will follow about 30mins after the last runs are made down at the Registration area.

Race Course is looking great and the new work we have put in looks to be holding out to the water run off the trail gets. I did some timed runs this past Sunday and took some conservative runs watching out for hikers and ran a 2:14 time. Now this is without the race course taped up and some of the switch backs added in. I am thinking we should see some times in the 2:05 to 2:10 range on race day.

You can learn more at the race web site if you haven’t visited it yet:
www.parismountaindh.com

Hope to see you all there ether to Race or watch,
Cecil Linder :cheers:

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
I did some timed runs this past Sunday and took some conservative runs watching out for hikers and ran a 2:14 time. Now this is without the race course taped up and some of the switch backs added in. I am thinking we should see some times in the 2:05 to 2:10 range on race day.

Damn Cecil, thats pretty quick! What kinda times you think for old guys on big bikes?:wait: Dont know if I can make it down in the 30 min. slot between races!:biggrin: See ya there Dude!!