Quantcast

Paris Mt DH Work Days are planned.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
We have 2 work days planned to get the course ready for the race. August 2nd and 23rd. We will need all the support that we can give so please mark your calendars. Each day we will meet at 8:30am in the first parking lot on the Right as you enter the park at Shelter 1. We will drive up from there to start work on the trail by 9AM to try to beat the heat. Please bring food and water for yourself. We will try to have extra water or drinks there but can’t promise it yet. If you have any trail building tools please bring them. The plan is to build 5 new Berms and a little extra trail work where needed.

Let us know here if you plan to help out. Your support will be greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or PM me.

Thanks,
Cecil Linder :cheers:

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Cecil,
I will be able to help out on the Aug. 2, for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to help on the 23rd but it in my Annivesary, and I'm going to Florida w/ the Wifey. Just let us know what we cann do to help, I will talk w/ all the guys today. Thanks!!!!:cheers:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Also please visit the web site for updates and visit our Sponsors sites from our links on the web site. We will have the site updated next week and we are in the middle of working out a deal with a Title Sponsors in which will help make the event that much better for all. I will not release any info just yet but I am sure if you keep visiting the site you will find out by next week.

Thanks,
Cecil

May 5, 2008
Cecil out of town on the 2nd. I will try to help on the 23rd. Thanks for all the work, time, and effort you are putting into trying to make this happen.

btw, is there any chance of adding a jump somewhere on the course?

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Trail Work Day(s) Paris Mountain State Park - We are now meeting at the A & B shelter parking area on the RIGHT past Yacht Club Rd. , just before you get to the Sulphur Springs Shelters 5 & 6 as listed above. Ranger asked if we'd meet at A&B shelter instead - no problem!

[*] Saturday, August 2nd - meet at 8:30 on the trail by 9:00 -

[*] Saturday, August 23rd - meet at 8:30 on the trail by 9:00 -

Paris Map - Directions HERE. Heres the PARIS MAP HERE if you don't know where Shelter A & B are.....Plan to work till 2PM or so (bring plenty of water and a lunch). If you can only work for a few hours we'd still would love to have you come out and help.
Trail work will be done on the lower sections of the Sulphur Springs trail (above the Archery Trail intersection) to prepare for the upcoming Downhill Race in September

For more Info contact Brad or Cecil

Thanks for your time!

Paris Mountain Downhill Race Website

Jun 11, 2004
Dave i'll sponsor your drinking habit!
Sweet!

Just got done riding Paris earlier this evening.........the DH trail is gnarlier than I've ever seen! Erosion has been exposing a lot of rock, roots and making some big RUTS......Awesome!

There is definitely some work to do. There were several downed trees that need to be addressed. I don't have many tools, but I do have a chainsaw. If you guys think you need it let me know.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Sweet!

Just got done riding Paris earlier this evening.........the DH trail is gnarlier than I've ever seen! Erosion has been exposing a lot of rock, roots and making some big RUTS......Awesome!

There is definitely some work to do. There were several downed trees that need to be addressed. I don't have many tools, but I do have a chainsaw. If you guys think you need it let me know.
"we" can't use a chainsaw in the Park! - but I'll contact the Ranger and have them remove 'em

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
We will check it out Sat. I told the Park we would not build any big jumps... The rule in the Parks is no man made obstacles over 4ft high. Now 4ft jumping down 10ft is another story!!! (I wish) Plus there is no long enough sections to build a jump with a landing run out. To many Rocks, Roots, and turns. But that really is not a bad thing for a DH race. If you want to boost something then just boost the lower rock over the roots. You will have to, to be fast anyway.

Jun 11, 2004
Got a chance to ride the improvements we made yesterday this morning. It rained last night and packed in that berm real nice. Also, its pretty tech entering the new rock garden.........good stuff!

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Thanks for coming out saturday Dave

also thanks Cecil, Kip, Matt G, John D, and Jay....

Damn it was hot....I didn't get any any good pics of the berm, pretty much every other shot i took was outta focus, that's what i get for shootin' with my gloves on.

we're going to do a "Dirty Thursdays" this Thursday Aug meet 6PM ish at the Archery lot and do an hour or two of work - bring the bike so you can ride it afterwards

waiting on approval from the Park management to move that Bridge. Thanks again for the help

here are a couple of the pics i took:

didn't think anyone was going to show

This is Sparta?

Dave going to town with the pocket saw

discussing the race course

MMMmmm Rock

The Dog Days of Summer!​

Last edited: