Quantcast

Park Etiquette?

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009
So I might be going to ride park for the first time this Saturday with a friend. I wanna know what I need to do to not piss people off. I always hear that you will always get in the way the first time you ride park but I figured if I asked I could reduce my chances of that happening. Also any tips on not sucking would be helpful too... :rolleyes:

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Find the place that everyone sits after their run, and then watch the flow of the park, most of the time there is a general flow around the entire park. Once you find this flow, make sure you look around before you drop in for your run, and make sure that you aren't about to "snake" anyone else. Never hang out in the middle of any features, especially if you've seen other people link that feature with their line. Never leave your bike right in the middle of where some could be riding.. lean it up against something.. Most of those are just common sense... in fact most etiquette in general is just common sense, which is why most skaters have no park etiquette. :)

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009
Find the place that everyone sits after their run, and then watch the flow of the park, most of the time there is a general flow around the entire park. Once you find this flow, make sure you look around before you drop in for your run, and make sure that you aren't about to "snake" anyone else. Never hang out in the middle of any features, especially if you've seen other people link that feature with their line. Never leave your bike right in the middle of where some could be riding.. lean it up against something.. Most of those are just common sense... in fact most etiquette in general is just common sense, which is why most skaters have no park etiquette. :)
Yea, thats what I was planning on. I just wanted to know if there were any other little things I needed to watch out for. I'm also going with a friend who I know has ridden park before too. So that should help sone.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
you had to throw the skater comment didn't you...

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
:) I did say most
To each his/her own. My opinion is it's really the age cuz I seen an equal about of ignorant or arrogant bikers and skaters that just don't get it. Either too young and just get in the way or cocky pos that thinks he's the ish and snakes people on purpose.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Yeah, no need to bash skaters, etc. (even in jest, as I'm sure it was)
I see douche bag skaters, and douche bag bikers, but most of the people riding the parks are cool. (regardless of their choice of ride)

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
^^Amen brother. I guess the reason I was sensitive was cuz I grew up skating and prolly skated more than I've biked so far. I'm sure most of us used to push wood in the past. Either way I wasn't really mad at the original statement, it's all to the good.

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
Everyone no matter what wheels they choose can and will be d!ck$

Growing up and skating/blading/bmx all the time (at the same time) it was always so stupid to see and hear all the hate that was everywhere when it came to what kind of wheels were under your feet. Sh!t was rediculous... Now pushing 30 riding a 26 at the park with all the 14-17 year olds is a totally different experience. Watching them hate on each other without even knowing each others names is actaully kind of sad. Whatever, they are kids and there isn't much you can do except show up before everyone gets there and ride around to get a feel and be friendly and outgoing with everyone once they start showing up. Being cool to everyone and having fun is all you can do and that what it's all about!