Quantcast

passport

do you have a valid passport?

• of course, how else would i travel to france?

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • no, foreigners give me the hives

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • i never leave my house

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
do you have one?

edit - i've got one. 1st one was in '95, which i needed to travel to NZ for (previously a copy of my birth cert worked). i didn't really do much travelling until '99 though, and filled it up pretty good in the last 4-5 years. am glad i got the cancelled one back so i can fondly reminisce about all the stamps.

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
I do have one and we are currently getting ones for the rest of the family; Wife and the 2 girls. We travel to Canada every summer and it will make entering both Canada and the U.S. far easier. We got asked for a Picture I.D. for our 10 year old Daughter last summer entering Canada, I don't know about you but my 10 year didn't have one. This is less about Border security than it is about the authorities making sure the 2 girls are really ours..

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I just got one in the last year. Prior to that, I was able to move freely around N. America with a Driver's License and a copy of my birth certificate. I got it for a last minute London trip that ended up falling through, but now I'm glad to have it. I live one hour from Ontario. I grew up even closer, and we started hitting the bars there as soon as we turned 19 (we = my high school friends). I've had a few drunken border crossings driving someone else's car with just driver's licenses, and we always made it back.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
PonySoldier said:
This is less about Border security than it is about the authorities making sure the 2 girls are really ours..
No kidding. I need to get my 2yo one, it was unsettling how easy it was to take him out of the country with just a birth certificate. Plus, I want to humiliate him by making him travel with his baby photo until he's 12.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
In the past I've always just used my DL and Birth Cert. to travel. That worked fine getting me to Mexico, Jamaica, Barbados and Canada. But, in light of the recent developments I just got a passport for our vacation in 2 weeks. Just seems like it will be less of a hassle/concern to travel with a passprt these days.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I have one, but I believe it recently expired. Went to London with it. Also took it when I went to Newfoundland just to be sure there was no hassle @ the border.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Yep me too! Algarve, Portugal is so beautiful, as well as most of Portugal. Lisbon, Spain with their beautiful newd beaches, totally amazing. I have been to a couple of other places but none worth mentioning.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
dh girlie said:
Yes I have a passport...don't you remember when I went to renew it I was thinkin the dude taking the photo had an ear fettish cuz he told me to pull back my hayer and show my ears? FREAK!
You do have very nice ears.

Very nice indeed.

;)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
dh girlie said:
Yes I have a passport...don't you remember when I went to renew it I was thinkin the dude taking the photo had an ear fettish cuz he told me to pull back my hayer and show my ears? FREAK!
Well, better that he ask you to uncover your ear than your rear! :oink:

Just as many CA waitresses are "budding actresses", the photomat geeks are aspiring Hefners. :D

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I have one.. buts is almost mint..
I lost my old passport in New Orleans like a year ago... its the worse pain in the ass to lose a passport while on foreign lands...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BikeGeek said:
You do have very nice ears.

Very nice indeed.

;)

Actually, I am an ear model. They ARE very nice...small, they don't stick out...situated properly on the sides of my head...only thing is my ear holes are very small...I can't find an ear piece for my cell phone that fits comfortably, fortunately that doesn't hinder my ear modeling career.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
neat.

US:

world:

hmm....i can't seem to link directly to the pic, even though it appears i've got the code right. oh well.

somehow i don't think you can tell that i've visited Vatican City.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
Hmm...I wonder how much pollution was generated by your travel to the Vatican City...:D
it was rapidly dispersed by the huge volumes of hot air emanating from St. Peter's Cathedral.

damn girlie, get out of the north-western hemisphere for a change.