Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

Pat’s Peak and Attitash Mountain
host the
Eastern States Cup
and the
New Hampshire State Championships​

Pat’s Peak, Henniker, NH and Attitash Mountain, Bartlett, NH will host the Eastern States Cup USA Cycling Regional Championship Series and the USA Cycling NH State Downhill Mountain Bike Championships June 12th and 19th respectively. The Eastern States Cup Series is a USA Cycling Regional Championship Series and features three USA Cycling State Championships. The NH State Champions will be crowned at Attitash after the race. Both venues will offer Saturday and Sunday practice for the racers and spectators.

The ESC kicked off the series last weekend at Mount Snow, VT. Richie Rude and Becky Gardner took home the cash for the pro men and women classes. The full results and series standings are posted on the ESC’s website: www.easternstatescup.com

The race at Pat’s Peak is part of the 10th Annual Pat’s Peak Bike Festival Weekend. The Festival features a 6/12/24 hour race, the ESC downhill series race, an XC race and multiple other events to keep the whole family happy. The DH course is challenging but really fun for all abilities. Downhill racers get the better of two runs to prove who is the fastest racer that day. Bring the kids bikes and helmets for their own race. Pat’s Peak is located twenty minutes from Concord, ninety minutes from Boston and about 2 hours and 15 minutes from Albany, NY. For Pat’s Peak info please visit: www.patspeak.com

Attitash has over 20 miles of mountain bike trails including the more difficult and technically challenging downhill trails and 8 cross country trails more suited to all abilities and those just beginning to discover mountain biking as a recreational activity.
“We are pleased to hold the Eastern States Cup event here and to showcase the downhill terrain at Attitash to a visiting field of New England riders,” said Attitash Mountain Bike Programs Coordinator Nate Waterhouse. “The event should be quite an exciting race for the riders and also something to see for locals and visitors unfamiliar with downhill mountain biking.” Attitash has been offering lift-serviced, downhill, mountain biking since the late 90’s. Attitash is located 3 hours from Boston and 4 hours from Albany.

Both races are also part of the ESC NEMA Team Challenge; the ESC will pay out $1000.00 to the top three Teams in the series. This unique concept is gaining attention from racers across the East Coast. Please register your mountain bike race team through the email link on the ESC website or in person before the race.

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
George, I am going to try and get a GoPro run (Pat's Peak) in either tonight or tomorrow....mine is busted so I need to borrow one.

Fyi...It's the same track as last year just tuned up a bit with better berms/lines.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
So I just want to confirm, but camping is allowed at both places? I may not make pat's due to family being in town, but attitash might still happen.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Great Paulie !!!

Camping at Pat's and Attitash. Pat's has 24 hour bathrooms and hot water rustic showers. Not sure of the situation at Attitash but there is camping on site.

Pat's is expecting 500 total racers with the 24/12/6 and the XC race. I'm staying up all night heckling the 24 hr xc guys.

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
Speaking of Labatts....there is a run down convienent store (1/2 mile from the access road)station that has alot of unique beers to be enjoyed. :)

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
Not a single thunderstorm yet....strange with it being so close. Looking forward to seeing a nice turnout. Ollie how many Drummer boys and girls too will be coming?

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Make sure you get some pancakes at the corner near Pats Peak. Can't recall the name of the place but they're quite tasty...

RPG

Monkey
Jun 14, 2004
All over New England
Great Paulie !!!

Camping at Pat's and Attitash. Pat's has 24 hour bathrooms and hot water rustic showers. Not sure of the situation at Attitash but there is camping on site.

Pat's is expecting 500 total racers with the 24/12/6 and the XC race. I'm staying up all night heckling the 24 hr xc guys.

I'm an ex DH racer trying the 24 hr for the first time. Please be sure to have a beer handy for me, preferably after the climbs. I'll be the slow hairy legged guy on a black Ibis mojo SL. I'm far from XC, and will probably go back to DH racing after this performance.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Saturday registration 8am-3pm
Saturday Practice 9am-4pm
Saturday 5pm-10pm Live Bands
Saturday 8pm-10pm Jagermeister promo in the Sled Pub with the "Jagerettes"

Sunday Registration 7am-9am
Sunday Practice 9am-11am
Sunday 11:15am Race Riders Meeting - At Summit (Mandatory)
Sunday Race 11:30am

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Fun racing despite (or, because of?) the weather.

To the woman videoing after the rock drop up top: Very sorry that I exclaimed "Balls!" after my header there on run two; however, to my credit, it was an appropriate exclamation given the nature of the fall.

Hoping for some great videos and photos. Any links?

k8piranha

Chimp
Nov 30, 2010
Hey is there a schedule up for Attitash yet? is there on line pre-reg? I couldn't find either.

Thanks!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Seb, what's your email again. I have an excel file. I'll get you on the automatic list.

Your site was a huge topic of conversation at the race this past weekend.

Thank You
G

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
OK, better late than never: http://www.rootsandrain.com/race577/2011-jun-12-eastern-states-cup-2-pats-peak-nh/

Out of hundreds of sets of results on the site this is the first one I've ever had to type in one by one (well, I let OCR do the brunt of the work, but it all needed to be checked/completed). Sorry for the delay - 99% of races will go in quicker than this one, just didn't have time to do it this week due to the extra hassle involved.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
OK, better late than never: http://www.rootsandrain.com/race577/2011-jun-12-eastern-states-cup-2-pats-peak-nh/

Out of hundreds of sets of results on the site this is the first one I've ever had to type in one by one (well, I let OCR do the brunt of the work, but it all needed to be checked/completed). Sorry for the delay - 99% of races will go in quicker than this one, just didn't have time to do it this week due to the extra hassle involved.
Sorry Seb,

I'll send you the excel file. Thank you for your awsome site: rootsandrain.com

Pat's got the pdf file out on line right away but I just got the excel file today, they are a small operation and the Festival had 24/12/6 hour endurance races, an xc race and the downhill race.

The festival at Pat's Peak was a lot fun the food was great. The course which was started out smooth and fast turned into a muddy rocky beast with all the rain and racers. This is the first time a lot of us visited Pat's and we're happy that we'll be back for next years ESC race at Pat's Peak - June 9-10, 2012.

For the same reason it took us a bit to get the series points updated, but they too are up on the site: easternstatescup.com/