Quantcast

Pat Peak

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I think I am going. Waiting to see if my duo partner is in. If not I may do 6 or 12 solo. If it's freakin' 95 and humid though, solo would suck. Duo was hard enough in those temps.

Doug, you going? If so what are racing.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I think I am going. Waiting to see if my duo partner is in. If not I may do 6 or 12 solo. If it's freakin' 95 and humid though, solo would suck. Duo was hard enough in those temps.

Doug, you going? If so what are racing.
My duo partner is on the road, and my back up one is broken...so it will be a solo for me (length to be determined by heat/humidity level).

You camping? I'll be at a wedding Friday night, and will not make it to PP until Saturday - and I dont want to pay that extra $30 or so just for me to "camp" part of Sat. night

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
My duo partner is on the road, and my back up one is broken...so it will be a solo for me (length to be determined by heat/humidity level).

You camping? I'll be at a wedding Friday night, and will not make it to PP until Saturday - and I dont want to pay that extra $30 or so just for me to "camp" part of Sat. night
Yes, camping. I won't be up there until Saturday either. I have another person riding a 12 hours solo I would be camping with. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue if you want to be at the same site.

Last year we had 3 duo tams all at the same site and there was no problem. We usually camp on the right side of the dirt road on the way to the finish. It seems to have the most shade and there are some lights at night.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
that would be great.

We usually park near there, but dont do any tents. I just bring a sleeping bag and crash in the lodge for a few hours.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Okay, I'm in 12 hour solo. This should be good, Since April I have probably ridden about 5 times. I may still be a duo come race day so we will see.

Doug, at this point it would be 3 people splitting a camp site. I'll pm you my cell before the race so we can hook up.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
way to step it up!

right now I have a bike issue......my geared rigs are dead, and I doubt I could do more than 2 laps on the rigid SS.

hopefully the geared rig can be fixed before the race.

mert

Chimp
Jul 17, 2006
mass
way to step it up!

right now I have a bike issue......my geared rigs are dead, and I doubt I could do more than 2 laps on the rigid SS.

hopefully the geared rig can be fixed before the race.
ummm, even i did 6 laps last year, and splat still called me a wuss:shocked:

mert

Chimp
Jul 17, 2006
mass
if i can get a ride up i've got the go ahead:monkeydance:
if you want to move up a couple of places in the standings douglas(or anyone else for that matter) you should stop by and pic me up:clapping:

i'll be signing up for 12hr. solo...ss...rigid(cause i'm a baaad maan)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
if i can get a ride up i've got the go ahead:monkeydance:
if you want to move up a couple of places in the standings douglas(or anyone else for that matter) you should stop by and pic me up:clapping:

i'll be signing up for 12hr. solo...ss...rigid(cause i'm a baaad maan)
"baaad" or just insane??

where do you live? but I doubt I can, I have to go to my nieces wedding Friday night, then I planned to head direct to NH from there (whenever it ends.)

mert

Chimp
Jul 17, 2006
mass
"baaad" or just insane??

where do you live? but I doubt I can, I have to go to my nieces wedding Friday night, then I planned to head direct to NH from there (whenever it ends.)
"just insane" this will be my first mtb ride since memorial day...

oh, and it looks like i'll have a car, but can't leave til sat. am. thanks for the offer though. maybe i can meet you guys at your tent and say hi before the race starts.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
**cough *** cough ** sandbagger ** Cough ** cough **

how do you sandbag when there's no "levels" (i.e sport/expert?)

its more like ride slow so I can finish, you saw 1st hand last year what happens in the heat when I ride too hard (puking, dehydration, heat exhaustion and (if I had the strength) tossing my bike in the dumpster!)

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Early forecast is 74 and partly cloudy :). That's much better then last's years 95 and 90% humidity. I may be able to finish hopefully.

mert

Chimp
Jul 17, 2006
mass
well, if you beat me i'll complain to the judges about how you were sandbagging the race and that it screwed up my season, and that my sponsors will be:disgust:
(i hope you know i'm being sarcastic)

i'll be the guy on the orange niner, in a long sleeve shirt...

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
so does anyone have a specific goal for the race ie podium, not last , XX # of laps, etc?
My goal is not to lay in the grass at the bottom of the second hill at 11pm because both legs cramped at once :shocked:

Podium - no
Not Last - Hopefully
# of Laps - I would love 12, but I don't think that will happen so how about double digits /;)

mert

Chimp
Jul 17, 2006
mass
goals.

1. be able to lift beer to lips at the end of the race.
2. get in the 4 required laps so i can talk about "my solo 12hr race"
3. actually ride my mtb at least once this summer.
4. ride ALL the stunts in that guys front yard:clapping:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
hahaha - those are great! :D

#1 Survive (no laying on the ground, puking, dehydration, or heat stroke)
#2 12 laps
#3 The ability to drive 130 miles to get home on Sunday
#4 Its a real longshot, but I'd be damn happy sneaking onto the podium into 3rd place :crazy:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Last years - you do 12 you should be good. The heat probably slowed a few people down though.

12 Hour Men Solo
1 - Dee 13 (1:31)
2 - Nate Simms 13 (2:04)
3 - Burke 9
4 - Ball & Chainring 7
5 - Earl's Cyclery 5
6 - Team Drop 4

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yup..I have been checking those #'s out.

a lap is what, 4.5 miles...so 12*4.5 = 54 miles.
Hmm, 54 miles in 12 hours...sitting here in the AC at my desk, it definitely seems attainable, heck 13 would "only" be 58.5 miles!!

mert

Chimp
Jul 17, 2006
mass
yeah, but last year there was a "bit" of mud in addition to a "bit" of humidity... i'm hoping that "team drop" shows back up this year so i'll have a chance at not ending up DFL:greedy:

i am planning on crushing everyone who races in my category...married, non-sponsored, orange bike riding, virgo, lucky sock wearing, smack talking poseur category...they do have that at pat's peak don't they?!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yeah, but last year there was a "bit" of mud in addition to a "bit" of humidity... i'm hoping that "team drop" shows back up this year so i'll have a chance at not ending up DFL:greedy:

i am planning on crushing everyone who races in my category...married, non-sponsored, orange bike riding, virgo, lucky sock wearing, smack talking poseur category...they do have that at pat's peak don't they?!
PP stays muddy a long time, but it shouldnt be as bad this year (hopefully)

umm, yeah...as far as know, they didnt add that category this year.

mert

Chimp
Jul 17, 2006
mass
oh...right, was it that much? Hmm, I might just do 2 laps and go get a burger and some beer(s)
i'll bring you some beer! just remember, i spend way more time talking trash on this board than riding, so you may just want to buy me a burger and i'll sit and drink beer with you.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
i'll bring you some beer! just remember, i spend way more time talking trash on this board than riding, so you may just want to buy me a burger and i'll sit and drink beer with you.

Hey, lets just have a bbq at the top the mtn...how's 12:30 sound?

:thumb:

mert

Chimp
Jul 17, 2006
mass
Hey, lets just have a bbq at the top the mtn...how's 12:30 sound?

:thumb:
not sure if i can make it to the top in only 30 minutes!:nopity:

by the way, i have my brother driving around albany looking for bikers he can maybe just bump with his car so they will only be slightly injured:cheers: don't you live there?:biggrin: