Quantcast

Patapsco 6:30 PM tonight. 7-19-06

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'm going to head to Landing Road to ride arond L&C tonight around 6:30. My plan is to have sweaty balls by 6:35. I rode into work this morning so I already have a good start on that. Come on out and enjoy the hot hot heat.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
WSU DH'er said:
damn, its 6:45 and i'm just reading this... bummer

Are you in / around Baltimore/DC for the summer or something? (I see from your "location" you are from WA?) I try to get out and ride at Patapsco every Wednesday around 6:30. Sometimes I meet up with people sometimes I go solo. Sometimes I ride the jump trails sometimes I do a trail ride. It's always good to have people to ride with though.

Here's a couple of pictures from last night, nothing special:
http://www.more-mtb.org/forum/showpost.php?p=34794&postcount=11

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Hey how have you been.... if your riding next wednesday lemme know ill be sure to come over there and ride with you.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
bballboy388 said:
Hey how have you been.... if your riding next wednesday lemme know ill be sure to come over there and ride with you.

Will do. See if you can get your busted knee friend up there too so I can buy his wheels.

NaptownF400

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Elkridge, MD
A few friends and I usually meet up around 5 at the park and ride near UMBC on Wednesdays. If you are ever out there early, you should come by. I've got a toyota solara and a steel grey cannondale F400 (yeah it's not just a clever screenname).

John

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
hey wsu im the guy on the hardtail you rode with. The trail we would be riding has a bunch of jumps and stuff like that so you should join us youll enjoy it.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Okay here's the deal. We shall ride at 6 PM this Wednesday night, 7-26-06. Meet at the Landing Road pull off or just head to the jumps. See you all there. Sounds like we'll actually have a decent sized crew. WSU or anybody else for that matter, if you need directions PM me or RPK.

Dave.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
I'm possibly in for the ride if I'm not too tired from Tuesday's ride at Loch Raven.

EDIT: WSU, clean out your PM's!! I was going to send you my phone number in case you were interested in doing some XC cruising Tuesday night @6pm with us.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
rpk1988 said:
Whos all coming tonight?

Me (obviously, since it's my thread) and another guy named Brian I met over on the MORE board. I'll be there by 6 or maybe even earlier. I'm taking a half day off from work.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Good ride last night. Four monkeys (rpk1988, pi31412, bballboy, and myself) and some guy that cusses like a sailor were out there for about 2 hrs just riding around in circles having a good ol' time.

I guess we'll try again next week and maybe do a trail ride instead of sessioning L&C. I'll keep you posted.

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
jdschall said:
Me (obviously, since it's my thread) and another guy named Brian I met over on the MORE board. I'll be there by 6 or maybe even earlier. I'm taking a half day off from work.
Hey Dave... Sorry I missed out last night. I'll definitely be there next week, barring any injury or illness. :looney:

Brian

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
So, the weather report says temps to be in the 90s-100s all week. I rode 2 hours of XC in this heat on Saturday, and I still feel like someone took a wirebrush to my lungs.

So I'm gonna skip Patapsco this week unless it cools down a bit.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Matt H said:
So I'm gonna skip Patapsco this week unless it cools down a bit.

Oh pshaw. It ain't that hot. Anyways, I'm on the sweat-my-balls-off weight loss plan. I reckon I'll be there regardless. If you see any sweaty balls rolling around Patapsco they're probably mine.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Okay, forget it. I won't be there tonight. I changed my mind. Too damn hot. I'm going on a short road ride instead. I won't be there next Wednesday either. I'll be on a plane coming home from a bidness meeting in Dayton OH. Oh joy. Maybe next Thursday instead?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
pirate28 said:
Oh, no... Please tell me you're not a closet roadie! :eek:

Ha, Ha, No. My 'roadie' is my wife's xc bike. Actually I have my wife's xc bike stripped down to the frame to rebuild so tonight's road ride will be on my hardtail. Torture, Ouch. It should be a short ride.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Damn it. I washed out on the first jump of the night trying to avoid a pungi stick-like tree staub. My knee pad shifted somehow and whacked my knee on the ground. It instantly swelled up to the size of a softball so I decided I'd better get home and ice up. I was out there for a total of 15 minutes.

Thankfully the swelling has already gone down so I don't think I'll be out too long. Maybe a week.

Bullitrider13, I'll PM you.

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
Someone has recently done some nice work out there; fixing up the faces of most of the jumps and also some of the berms. Get out there and ride this stuff before it gets bulldozed!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
dan wask said:
Since when is the DNR gonna bulldoze it ?

Just a rumor that has been floating around for about a year now. Depending on who you believe, they were set to be demolished a few months ago but MORE stepped in and asked them to wait.

They are illegally built on state park land so I guess technically they could go at any time they see fit.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'm probably going to ride tomorrow around 6. Trail ride this time. Meet at the Hilltop Road parking lot. PM for directions.