Quantcast

Patapsco Skills Park Petition

Mar 30, 2006
Crofton, MD
Thanks all. Please continue to support us by forwarding this around. It's just as important to get out-of-staters to sign this as locals. We need to show that others will come in from other areas (and spend $$) to ride this stuff.

Many thanks. I really appreciate it.

mike

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
RIP L&C trails...:rant:

Sounds like the trails, jumps, berms, and log rides got pulled out and sawed up this morning. Damn it!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
RIP L&C trails...:rant:

Sounds like the trails, jumps, berms, and log rides got pulled out and sawed up this morning. Damn it!
Oh well. RIP L & C.

They were fun. Hopefully one day we'll have a 'legal' place similar with much better built sustainable TTFs.

I keep forwarding out the petition and have seen several of my buddy's names on it.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Pictures of what were once jumps from Mikes Blog:

http://citybikesmike.blogspot.com/

Apparently, the park implemented operation "shock and awe". They've even gone so far as to cut up fallen logs that were 50' long skinnys in to cord wood and rolled it down the hill. What a waste.

Why not salt the earth and rape our women while they are at it?

Noisy

Chimp
Jul 7, 2006
Baltimore
Sure did sign it. Hope it has the desired effect.

I went out to Patapsco yesterday and cannot believe what they have done there, not only have they ripped out all the berms and jumps but they have also hacked up every single log ride you can think of, even ones that didn't really have a lead up ramp. Basically anything you've seen anyone riding on up there has been dug up or chainsawed, it looks like an ecological disaster zone!

I agree that people shouldn't go round building stuff illegally but chopping up trees that have fallen or just taking out big chunks along the length so you can't ride them is just unbelievably petty.

Mar 30, 2006
Crofton, MD
It is what it is. We have to focus on the next steps of making our numbers known, communicating our desires and making them happen.

Thanks. Please continue to spread the word.

mike

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
I haven't been to Patapsco yet this season but a friend of mine informed em of this a couple of weeks ago....Sad, to say the least.

Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to have to go back to developing hidden trails.

Sure did sign it. Hope it has the desired effect.

I went out to Patapsco yesterday and cannot believe what they have done there, not only have they ripped out all the berms and jumps but they have also hacked up every single log ride you can think of, even ones that didn't really have a lead up ramp. Basically anything you've seen anyone riding on up there has been dug up or chainsawed, it looks like an ecological disaster zone!

I agree that people shouldn't go round building stuff illegally but chopping up trees that have fallen or just taking out big chunks along the length so you can't ride them is just unbelievably petty.

Aug 1, 2007
Richmond, VA
Basically anything you've seen anyone riding on up there has been dug up or chainsawed, it looks like an ecological disaster zone!

There were some dirt jumps here in Richmond that had been built over the last 10 years or so that the city decided to tear down. The city put up a sign stating that anyone caught building there again would go to jail and if people wanted to ride jumps there was a bmx track in the city. Anyway, they came in with a front end loader and tore everything down, including all sorts of trees and bushes. They did it after a rain, while the ground was wet, and left the area a complete mess. It looks 100 times worse than before and is totally unusable in the state it is in.