Quantcast

Pat's peak DH race (24 hour Festival)

tonyl

Chimp
Oct 2, 2007
Hey,

Anybody ever done the DH race at Pat's? I'm a regular at highland (3rd year season pass) still a hack but can run all the trails there.

A buddy wants to do the race and is trying to get me to do it too. Any thoughts on the course and level of competition? I'm not saying I won't give it my all just don't want to be out classed in all the levels.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
If you can ride all the trails at highland (especially threshhold) then you will be more than fine at the Pats Peak race. The course there is super fun and the only tricky bits are still easy to ride, just hard to carry a race pace on. The event itself is super low key and friendly, infact its probably the most 'local' feeling race i've done since the old Tenney races!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
+1 what Piper said.

I'd love to do that race again; it's just a shame that they can't get their schedules figured out with Highland so that two of the only DH races in the entire state of NH happen to fall on the exact same date every year.

--JP

tonyl

Chimp
Oct 2, 2007
Cool. Thanks!

I'm not a pro on Threshhold but I can do it. I do get a little mesed up on that steep rocky step section but that's it.

I love highland and the vibe is super cool every day but felt like the vibe was stepped up on race days.

I think you convinced me to do it.

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
+1 for what everyone else has said about it. Im really looking forward to racing there again this year. Last year was my first year there and I had a blast! Super friendly people there and having the pub open the whole weekend is a great way to meet new riders. Pats Peak is located in Henniker NH I think the only time they run the lifts is for the race/practice it self.

tonyl

Chimp
Oct 2, 2007
Yeah, tell me about the conflict with Highlands race. Anybody else I would do Pat's with is racing Highlands.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
Ill be there! The course is one of my favorites and the vibe is really chill. They have also paid cash to pro and cat1 podiums in the past:thumb:

Unfortunately Ill have to pay my $65 USA Cycling tax so that I can race cat 1, but that also means it a national champs qualifier.

Last edited:

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
This track is not over the head of anyone who has rode lift serviced DH. Like Piper said it's at race pace that it can get tough. The track at the top has a fast open grassy section, fast woods, some mild tech sections with a drop that you can go around and a couple of jumps that can also be avoided. Tonyl dont question your skill caus if you ride threshold then you can rip the sh*t out of this.
Peace