Quantcast

paypal

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
PSP still hasn't answered my original question. How did he sell the bike? How did the buyer find out about the bike?...and to all you who think Paypal offers you some type of protection....they don't! If PSP doesn't already have a Paypal account why would he set up one? Just to lose more money on the sale. There is something missing from this story which is why I predicted it would go bad...D

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I am a lazy ebay seller but i have sold a lot of stuff to Europe, Canada and to Australia. I have shipped to the orient but mostly to Americans living abroad. If you follow the rules of Paypal and sell to folks with confirmed Paypal accounts its all good..

bent_steel

Monkey
Jun 19, 2007
South
Just make sure that you transfer the money out of paypal to your bank account before you ship. It would be smarter to know it actually hit your bank account and can be used.

If you shipped, the buyer can retract his payment and it will basically freeze up your account and it will be a huge mess. Just tell the seller you have to do it that way so you will have the cash to pay for shipping, it may take longer, but then you actually do have the cash in hand before you ship.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'm just going to say "PSP + prettymuchanythingwherehehastoaskaboutit = possible disaster"

:D

splat

Nam I am
PSP still hasn't answered my original question. How did he sell the bike? How did the buyer find out about the bike?...and to all you who think Paypal offers you some type of protection....they don't! If PSP doesn't already have a Paypal account why would he set up one? Just to lose more money on the sale. There is something missing from this story which is why I predicted it would go bad...D
:stupid:

I'm not saying that people abroad can't be trusted, I have sold to people all over and not had a problem, that said I have also had scam artists from all over try and scam me, and as we all know PSP isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
the only place i posted it for sale was here on ridemonkey. i plan on transferring the money from my paypal to my bank account before the bike gets mailed.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ok, one more time. Western Union is NOT A BANK. If someone pays you western union YOU GET CASH. There is no excess to send back. There is no money order. A seller cannot get screwed being paid by western union. End of story.

You need to read the posts you were replying to again.
I get what your saying, but instead of coming off really defensive, maybe you should read mine again as well, People Use western union As part of ther scma, guess I need3ed to explain it in a bit more detail, You receive a money order/cashiers check, which is forged, From a random bank, and you are asked to Send the remainder Via Western Union. I never said Western Union was a bank.

The reason You are asked to use western Union is due to the sender having absolutly zero recourse on getting there money back. Its also harder for investigating parties to find the scammers. If your Paid Via western Union, its as good as cash. But again I was not saying you were paid by western Union, that you were asked to send remainder Via western Union, Guess I should have made that point clearer in the first place.

Now with a better clarity on what I was saying, Any retard who falls for this deserves losing there money and there product.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
the only place i posted it for sale was here on ridemonkey. i plan on transferring the money from my paypal to my bank account before the bike gets mailed.
ok well that makes things a little better.... have you figured out the shipping costs and paypal fees?...D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just make sure you ship to a confirmed address WITH TRACKING NUMBER. Otherwise, once they get the bike, they can claim they never got it and PayPal will take the funds back unless you can prove you shipped it to the correct address with proof.

I had a buyer do that because he managed to damage the frame 2 weeks after he got it and was pissed. He told PayPal he never got it (he sent me an email telling me he got it). PayPal gave me 2 weeks to prove the bike was sent and because I used a tracking number and the verified address, I was covered.

I've been happy with PayPal ever since.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
only problem with that is Paypal will not confirm a German address....and to me that's a HUGE hurdle....D
Thats very true, One of the reasons I dislike Shipping overseas, when I do ship overseas, I dont give My buyer a choice, they are buying insurance, and I also buy Delivery Confirmation. Whatever I need to Cover myself.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Has great english?? hmmmm maybe speaks great english?? So do plenty of terrorists, you're going to trust someone because of the literary skills? Trustworthy person you are.... ha
Let me guess, all brown people are terrorists too?

WTF did terrorists have to do with this? Culture of fear much?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Note:

Most young Germans speak perfect English. They teach it in the schools.

Doesn't make any of them more trustworthy.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Note:

Most young Germans speak perfect English. They teach it in the schools.

Doesn't make any of them more trustworthy.
Was just there last week. I speak terrible german, and was able to get by just fine. Everyone spoke perfect english.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
Let me guess, all brown people are terrorists too?

WTF did terrorists have to do with this? Culture of fear much?
hmm.. way to misinterpret where i was going with that one. Nothing to do with terrorism, or "brown people" as you may say. More of a notion of just because someone has a education that grants them perfect english skills doesn't necesarilly mean they are "trustworthy".

schrecka

Chimp
Jan 28, 2008
Regensburg
hey,
i´m the guy pinkshirt is talking about. Trust me, im no scammer. Had the same problem at pinkbike. Want to buy a v10 frame from a guy in England. Send him few mails, he replied but then i found in ridemonkey a buy&sell announcement with the same pictures. Contacted the guy from rm and asked him if he put his bike in pinkbike. Sure he didn´t and so i was a little bit of angry and informed pb. I´m selling my old frame too and hope that there is no scammer. I can only say that i now have the money and will pay.I also think about if pinkshirt will send me the frame.

Greetz Basti :clapping:

schrecka

Chimp
Jan 28, 2008
Regensburg
you asked why i want to buy the frame - it's simple - someone said it before, just because the frames are much more expensive here in europe. and we are not all terrorists!!!! ;-)

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
not going to lie, schrecka has excellent english for only learning it in school.... i am going box hunting today hopefully i can find one so i can get this ball rolling. :D I am so excited.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
you asked why i want to buy the frame - it's simple - someone said it before, just because the frames are much more expensive here in Europe. and we are not all terrorists!!!! ;-)

that's cool I hope it works out for the both of you...I was just trying to look out for a fellow monkey even if it is PSP:D...D

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
The real irony of all of this is that PSP is feeling all giddy about this transaction because this guy speaks perfect English. I wonder who told pinkshirt that this guy's English is impeccable. :think: Pinkshirtphotos wouldn't know perfect English if there was a snowbank of it and he sideswiped his car into it. :rofl:

hey,
i´m the guy pinkshirt is talking about. Trust me, im no scammer. Had the same problem at pinkbike. Want to buy a v10 frame from a guy in England. Send him few mails, he replied but then i found in ridemonkey a buy&sell announcement with the same pictures. Contacted the guy from rm and asked him if he put his bike in pinkbike. Sure he didn´t and so i was a little bit of angry and informed pb. I´m selling my old frame too and hope that there is no scammer. I can only say that i now have the money and will pay.I also think about if pinkshirt will send me the frame.

Welcome!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Would it be better had he learned it from a band of wolves???
That would certainly be an improvement over PSP teaching him, and may very well beat the American public school system. I imagine the Germans schools can do better though.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Seriously,
Use escrow.com if you're sketched out. I bought a bike from a shady kid on the east coast and everything went great.

The buyer sends money to escrow.com. Escrow informs the seller that the funds are verified. After the buyer gets and inspects the bike, the buyer tells escrow to release the funds to the seller. No risk for anyone.
Only use www.escrow.com It's legit and many aren't.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
hey,

Welcome to the monkey, no offense was ever meant for you, its just a real blast Picking PsP to peices.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
hmm.. way to misinterpret where i was going with that one. Nothing to do with terrorism, or "brown people" as you may say. More of a notion of just because someone has a education that grants them perfect english skills doesn't necesarilly mean they are "trustworthy".
Don't snuggle up to Transcend. He's just trying to cover up for the fact that he's the Canadian connection for "brownie". :D

I want to point out that I do not think he is connected to terrorism. There is no way he would aid someone with such inferior web design techniques. :think: