Quantcast

PC Gaming - Counter-Strike: Source

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I used to play the original years ago. I was in one of the top 25 ranked 'clans' in the US. I also used to play in tourniments all the time. Best I ever did was 2nd out of 80 people. I just got windows installed on my Apple and got CS:Source installed. Anyone else here play?

Oh, by the way, I suck now.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i played, and was completley addicted (to the old one) stopped a couple years ago, only to go to college and have my roommate have it on his computer. I cant start that whole thing again if i want to actually pass my classes.

so yes i sorta play, and will probably pick it up, like full time, over a break or something.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
...I cant start that whole thing again if i want to actually pass my classes.

so yes i sorta play, and will probably pick it up, like full time, over a break or something.
Speaking like a true cs player there. HA yeah, I need to spend some time with it this holiday and maybe start getting back into the groove.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I had it on my PC, which I'm trying to sell...Never really dug the "clan" thing, but I adminned on a few servers I frequented (xmission). Guess I still do...could always fire up ye olde PC.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah my group some friends and I started was called AtH (Arm the Homeless) Goodtimes. It started with me and a couple buddies having lan parties at the ISP they worked at on the weekends and went from there. The original used to consume so much of my time. Haha.

We should have a monkey cs meet. =]

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I used to play some of the original, but never really caught on... I've been playing Battlefield 2 lately -- game's really buggy, but it's by far one of the best online multiplayers I've played. [/thread-hijack]

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Oh gawd ... CS. Ruined a semester of my life. Well, that and weed. But regardless. I was deep into it. Began at around beta 5 and I don't remember when I got out. It was around the time they started with the whole "steam" thing.

I actually ran a clan and two servers. We were [TPE] Thermoplastic Elastomer and our server was Rape the Chihuahua.

I've been clean for over 4 years now. I actually got a Macintosh and gave away my PC so I couldn't install the game. ****ing sad.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i never really got into cs...a few years ago i played this game Wolfenstien Enemy Territory...it's a free first person shooter game, but it was really fun and addicting, i was in a clan for that and we would play in tournaments and ****, we were actually pretty dang good...but i haven't played a game on my computer (besides poker and solitaire) in a long ass time

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
i dont really like source, the hit boxes are rediculous. and i dont like the gun models as much except the ak. the player mods are very good tho.

however for gameplay, i still like cz better. its a nice mix of 1.6 and source

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
i dont really like source, the hit boxes are rediculous. and i dont like the gun models as much except the ak. the player mods are very good tho.

however for gameplay, i still like cz better. its a nice mix of 1.6 and source
Are you serious? The 1.6 hitboxes and gun recoil are retarded. And CZ is just plain bad, the models look bad, no one plays it and the gameplay is just no fun. CS:S is the only way to go. If anyone wants to play hit me up on xfire at bballe336.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I actually got a Macintosh and gave away my PC so I couldn't install the game. ****ing sad.
Totally did the same thing. Played it for the first time in months just a few mins ago...I think I'm better than I was...Sadly, my PC is still acting up so I can't sell it...yet.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
What do you guys think of Team Fortress 2? (the link I posted to before..)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Too much time in bad-teeth land?
24 minutes is too much time with the island monkeys. 24 hours is torture. 48 hours and I was about to go batsh1t.

That wasn't the worst of it though.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Fvcking awesome.
Ok, here is where I brag - that's me on the drums in the game teaser vids they put out. A friend of mine called me to do studio sessions for some music he does for Valve. That was the first stuff.

More video game music in my future I hope. It's fun stuff.

:banana:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
I still play. Not as often as when I was in College but I still seem to do pretty well most times. Top player when I play is usualy the case, and if I'm on a server for more than a month I usualy reach top 10. Back when I was playing weekly I was # 1 on several 1k + servers, and in the top 20 on MST3K (over 8000 players). If any one see's me, title is 'III W&T III' (Weapons & Tactics). Usualy on a gun game server like 'Tities and Beer'.

cheers
a

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
I still play. Not as often as when I was in College but I still seem to do pretty well most times. Top player when I play is usualy the case, and if I'm on a server for more than a month I usualy reach top 10. Back when I was playing weekly I was # 1 on several 1k + servers, and in the top 20 on MST3K (over 8000 players). If any one see's me, title is 'III W&T III' (Weapons & Tactics). Usualy on a gun game server like 'Tities and Beer'.

cheers
a
I've played with you before. You're pretty good. I got a few cheap headshots from behind on ya though.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I used to play Soldier of Fortune II like it was a dialysis machine. I'm better now. (I was pretty good! But not, like, nerd-good)

RIP Wankster...