Quantcast

PCA Hillbilly Bike Bash

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
We are excited to get this first event off the ground and think it will be a lot of fun.

you can check the event flier at the address below

www.pcamtb.com

E.C.

Division26

Chimp
Oct 16, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Thought I would expand on EC's post with nmore info:

Mongoose Hillbilly Bike Bash Nov 8 & 9, 2008

You don’t have to know how to spell bicycle to ride one, so grab your tooth, your coon hat, your sister and wife, (it's okay if they are one and the same) and enjoy a hoot and a holler at the First Annual Mongoose Hillbilly Bike Bash.

Imagine a serious gravity event mashed together with fun and games Redneck style! We call it the Mongoose Hillbilly Bike Bash and it’s sure to be a classic, when you combine tons of fun both on and off the bike with over 300 friends, family and MTB enthusiasts. Plan on a family affair that people will be talking about for years, with a weekend of racing, camping and redneck games like toilet seat horseshoes, Slingshot Shootout & the Redneck Sled Pull this is a weekend not to miss.

The event will be held at the beautiful Vail Lake Resort located halfway between major populations of Los Angeles and San Diego in the city of Temecula, CA. The resorts amenities include biking, waterslides, swimming, miniature golf, bar, deli, general store alongside 500 RV sites and a dedicated tent camping area.

The FOX Super D will headline the first day of competition on Saturday, November 8. FOX Super-D is a hybrid event that incorporates both Cross Country and Downhill elements. Throw in a free-for-all mass start on the wide hillside at Vail Lake and FOX Super D promises to be a spectacular sight. Did we mention it all goes off in true Hillbilly fashion with a guy wearing a coonskin cap and belly hanging overalls? In addition we are adding the Racers and Chasers XC race on Saturday.

On Sunday, November 9 the action moves over to the Mongoose Hillbilly Downhill course where we have a fast course mixed with man made, natural features, jumps and classic So Cal soil for your racing enjoyment. Dress up like your favorite hills dweller and take a shot at best Hillbilly costume while racing for your shot at the STUMP.

Fun & Games: TheRedneck Games are guaranteed to put a smile on your face and earn you big prizes like Bike Frames, Forks and Helmets with Slingshot Shootout, Bobbin' for Pig's Feet, Toilet Seat Horseshoes and the Redneck Sled pull with your master of ceremonies Mike “Hollywood” Miranda. HUGE prizes for rednecks games like over 10 THE helmets, multiple wheelsets and 2 Fox forks!!!!

Race Events:

* Mongoose Hillbilly Downhill Race .
* FOX Super-D Race. Event Info

Pre-Register HERE

Division26

Chimp
Oct 16, 2008
San Pedro, CA
So is this the only way the public gets to ride the new trails?

I really want to come down and give you guys my money but I know I'll get a lot more riding in if I don't come during an event. Sounds fun though.
We understand for sure Kidwoo and I'm not sure where you live. The bike park is not operational yet and im not sure how soon this is really an oportunity to show the owner that there is a sustainable scene in So Cal so he can justify throwing a few 100,000 dollars at getting it right and staffing it.

EC has been working out there a lot and has built some amazing jump lines, but the fact is with no rain none of the jump lines are packed in yet. The DH course is solid and rideable in addition there are a few other trails but wont be available to open ride during the event. You can however come out on Saturday for practice and ride all day.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Man, sounds like it's going to be an awesome event guys! I'm going to be in SoCal that weekend, maybe.. just maybe..!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
We understand for sure Kidwoo and I'm not sure where you live. The bike park is not operational yet and im not sure how soon this is really an oportunity to show the owner that there is a sustainable scene in So Cal so he can justify throwing a few 100,000 dollars at getting it right and staffing it..
I'm at least a 5-6 hour drive. I'm snowed in for winter usually so having a place to go ride like this has a lot of appeal.

EC has been working out there a lot and has built some amazing jump lines, but the fact is with no rain none of the jump lines are packed in yet. The DH course is solid and rideable in addition there are a few other trails but wont be available to open ride during the event. You can however come out on Saturday for practice and ride all day.

Since it's the dh trails I'm more interested in, I guess that's an option. But if I'm there during a race, I'd race anyway. There's a certain socal pro on hutchinson tires I'd need to teach a lesson to :D

But just to clarify, not even the trail being used for the race will be open after the event correct?

Thanks for the info. Stoked you guys are putting this area together.

Last edited:

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
]
Fun & Games: TheRedneck Games are guaranteed to put a smile on your face and earn you big prizes like Bike Frames, Forks and Helmets with Slingshot Shootout, Bobbin' for Pig's Feet, Toilet Seat Horseshoes and the Redneck Sled pull with your master of ceremonies Mike “Hollywood” Miranda. HUGE prizes for rednecks games like over 10 THE helmets, multiple wheelsets and 2 Fox forks

Hopefully there isn't a "squeal like a pig" game in true hillbilly fashion. Any banjo playing?

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
technically,the park is open....but there is no shuttle running so to do DH runs you would have to ride up or hike, this is the only way you will get to shuttle this DH run until the park opens or our next race...which ever comes first?

currently the park is mostly made up of XC trails that are used for various races that are help out there...as said earlier there are some jump lines that are in but need rain to really be Bike park worthy.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
DW it would be awesome to have you on hand...if you can swing on by, it is going to be a lot of fun.

QUOTE=dw;3078648]Man, sounds like it's going to be an awesome event guys! I'm going to be in SoCal that weekend, maybe.. just maybe..![/QUOTE]

Division26

Chimp
Oct 16, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Hopefully there isn't a "squeal like a pig" game in true hillbilly fashion. Any banjo playing?
No Deliverance action this weekend. Well what you do in the privacy of your tents or RV is your business, but we may be making pig snorting sounds as we laugh hysterically at our friends brave enough to engage in the 'Bobbin for Pigs Feet' contest to win a Fox fork.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
what's the camping going to be like... is it the set up that's on the vail lake website? or is there something different for this event? just wonderin.

thanks & see you guys there!

Division26

Chimp
Oct 16, 2008
San Pedro, CA
what's the camping going to be like... is it the set up that's on the vail lake website? or is there something different for this event? just wonderin.

thanks & see you guys there!
Hey Dylan yes its the layout on the Vail Lake site. We have a good portion set aside for the race so we can keep people who are racing grouped together but really you can camp anywhere you want at Vail assuming you reserve your spot. It is the off season so tent rates are $45 a night and we get a 20% discount off of that and you can also split that with some friends and make it cheap on yourselves. All camping is handled by the Vail Lake resort so please contact them for reservations.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
Hey Dylan yes its the layout on the Vail Lake site. We have a good portion set aside for the race so we can keep people who are racing grouped together but really you can camp anywhere you want at Vail assuming you reserve your spot. It is the off season so tent rates are $45 a night and we get a 20% discount off of that and you can also split that with some friends and make it cheap on yourselves. All camping is handled by the Vail Lake resort so please contact them for reservations.
thanks for the 411... i remember hitting vail lake for a 24 hr event a while back, i seem to recall them charging entry into the park.. is this still the case?
i think it's free as long as your camping. sorry for the 20 questions.. just wanted to be sure to hit the bank before i hit the event.

cheers

Division26

Chimp
Oct 16, 2008
San Pedro, CA
thanks for the 411... i remember hitting vail lake for a 24 hr event a while back, i seem to recall them charging entry into the park.. is this still the case?
i think it's free as long as your camping. sorry for the 20 questions.. just wanted to be sure to hit the bank before i hit the event.

cheers
Should be free to get in to the park. It is normally a private resort so yes they try and charge to roll thru the gate but for this event it will be free to get in unless your camping of course. By the way let em know if your bringing a 10x10 so we can get you a spot reserved since vendors are starting to line up and of course we would love to see Dean Optics.

Division26

Chimp
Oct 16, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Just a few days left until race day and Pre-Registartion has been great so far. We expect a solid turnout for both race days. Today is the last day for pre-registration and it ends tonight at 12 midnight.

Please make sure you have pre-registered for the event to once again save some $$ and save us and yourself time on race day. There is no registartion on Friday

Please register HERE

i'll do my best to get out there and take pictures!
my bike's still busted up, so i wont race, but i'm suuper eager to see the place and what kind of turnout there will be!
Saturday, if i can get out there, i'll scope out the best section and take some shots of anyone who is prerunning

the sides of the trail will be open to spectators riiight? :P