Quantcast

Peat, Greg, ect to be rocking Edge carbon rims on their V10's!

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
its funny how people reacted or ignored my thread about these rims last summer and now with the syndicate using them... :rofl:

i'd love to test them even though the german distributor has gone nuts with the prices :(

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I guess I probably shouldn't bash these things till I've seen them...
I know you are joking, but you shouldn't bash them until you RIDE them - seeing them is not enough.

Then, of course, once you've bashed them around for a bit and had your mind blown by how good they (probably) will be (based on how good the AM rims are), you can remain silent because it's never any fun to talk about how good things are, is it? :D :rolleyes:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
you can remain silent because it's never any fun to talk about how good things are, is it?
Good things are great fun, it's just that the MTB industry has so many more epic failures than success. I love success more than anything and celebrate it when it happens: Straitline pedals, saint brakes/cranks, sinister frames, hadley hubs, cane creek headsets, avy shocks, just to name a few.

But there are just sooooo many more and bigger failures: Zoke 08-09 lowers, RS 2-step air forks, First run 40 lowers, santa cruz pivot bearings, 2010 boxxers, manitou suspension in general from 03-09 roughly, hayes el camino brakes, long travel falling rate leverage curve frames in general, azonic bars, industry nine using AL spokes, Frames who's rear tires rub the frame near bottom out, etc.

Too many companies not adequately testing production models is getting really old and has made me skepitcal of the "latest and greatest" trendy products. Lets hope I'm proven wrong with these ;). Because I will admit, these look HAWT.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Too many companies not adequately testing production models is getting really old and has made me skepitcal of the "latest and greatest" trendy products. Lets hope I'm proven wrong with these ;). Because I will admit, these look HAWT.
Edge has been testing and developing these rims since 2007.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
But there are just sooooo many more and bigger failures: Zoke 08-09 lowers, RS 2-step air forks, First run 40 lowers, santa cruz pivot bearings, 2010 boxxers, manitou suspension in general from 03-09 roughly, hayes el camino brakes, long travel falling rate leverage curve frames in general, azonic bars, industry nine using AL spokes, Frames who's rear tires rub the frame near bottom out, etc.

Cool. So then step up and show them how its done.

Your list is also completely stupid. Teething problems for most, and straight out wrong for the rest.

Dec 11, 2007
Lawn Dart Training Center
Kinda funny. We see a picture of rims on a Pro teams bikes, and we talk all kinds of sh!t..
Well, Im sure they tested them enough to stake their livelyhood on them. I hope these new rims are completely awesome, and in time, get cheaper so I can run a set.

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
Sorry, I work on much harder engineering/science problems.

Edit:

I really outdone myself with the trolling/a$$hole-ness in this thread, I'm so proud of myself.
Your avatar should have been a clue!:D

If I won the lottery I would rock(hur hur!) some carbon rims fo sho, until then, I'll have to make do with ****ty old ceramic coated aluminum.:thumb: