Quantcast

Peaty in cuffs!

I just read over on cyclingnews.com that Peat and a few others were arrested the night of his big World Cup win. Something about being silly drunk and climbing on cars and wrecking flower pots at two in the morning.
I think he has a drinking problem. :blah:

konahucker43

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
central NY
Biker Grove said:
Yeah, because he's really ruining it. :rolleyes: It looks like someone is a bit bitter that a British rider keeps winning the DH, right? So he has a beer, who really cares? I think you are just even more bitter because you're probably like fifteen and not old enough to drink. Lighten up. Downhil is supposed to be fun, not all overly-professional and **** like that. :love:

wow your really good at guessing, i am 16

biker3

Turbo Monkey
konahucker43 said:
wow your really good at guessing, i am 16
Your hucktastic screen name gives it away to any somewhat smart person. Kona ride or die and then diss on peat.

BTW I hear peat got arrested because his teeth reached the unbearable grossness level. Gracia got away with a slick dirty sanchez. I read this on Pinkbike.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Peat is awesome, such a fun guy to be around. This is probably the only DH news that cyclingnews.com has right now! Maybe Velosnooze will print it too.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
peaty is great, but his try at freeride in his nwd5 part was goofy as hell. he is a killer dh rider, and his drinking just adds to the fun. but bikergrove, your a little off, konahucker not old enough to buy beer, whether or not he drinks is a whole nother (is that a word) thing.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
what does a man's teeth have to do with any of this? all you fools who have s#@t to say ...let see some of your fangs!

as for ruining our sport.......come on...this is not even a blip on anyones radar.....if that was the case...supercross, snowboard and skate would all be in a world of hurt cause the make mtb look like sunday school.

we should all thank peaty for his personality & his go for it race style

Lejk

Chimp
Jun 3, 2002
Umea
"Never trust a man that doesn't drink" Old saying from the northern woods of Sweden

And that's why we can allways trust Peat, the guy even owns a bar :thumb:

konahucker43

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
central NY
Biker Grove said:
Ok dude, good point. However, if he (Konahucker) DOES drink and yet still has his view (which I read in another thread about Peat) that racers shouldn't drink, then he is a hypocrite. That is all I meant. I'm not bothered if people drink or not, live and let live and all that.
absolutely nothing bothers me about his drinking or anyones drinking, when i can, i drinky myself. i just dont like peat and how he composes himself

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Internal14 said:
I think he has a drinking problem. :blah:

That's for sure. ! He has his own pub you know, back in England. He really likes to down a few liters beer.

http://www.stiksandstones.com/peatyinterview.htm

Stik: My final question.Do you think you will taper down the beer drinking in 2003, or are you going to be the same drunken bastard again-if so, I would appreciate you not forcing me to drink with you at every event, my skinny body can not handle it?

Peat: Don't be a faggot, we are going to get wasted, it's the only way to relax after a hard race. (Stik note:True, but a guy can only puke so many times in his life)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
konahucker43 said:
absolutely nothing bothers me about his drinking or anyones drinking, when i can, i drinky myself. i just dont like peat and how he composes himself
You are right. All that taking pictures with babies, signing autographs, talking to kids and being on the podium really tarnishes a guy's image.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Transcend said:
You are right. All that taking pictures with babies, signing autographs, talking to kids and being on the podium really tarnishes a guy's image.
You wouldn't be laughing if it was your property he vandalized. Nothing wrong with having a little fun, but it can go too far.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Ridemonkey said:
You wouldn't be laughing if it was your property he vandalized. Nothing wrong with having a little fun, but it can go too far.
True true, but we don't admire wusses, but the outlaws...

HearNOevil

Chimp
Aug 25, 2003
Nor- Cal
Peat can trash my property any day of the week! I would be honored!

About nwd5 he wasn't doing the freeride thing. He was a racer who happened to be in a freeride movie. Why is everyone judging Peaty? AND konahucker do you really have a proper reason or expierience to justify your dislike of Peat?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ridemonkey said:
There is more to the story then you know....including some bitter Spaniards.

He went to court, and was exhonerated of all charges.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I think we all learned a valuable lesson here today.

:dancing: :)

nsfreeriders

Chimp
Jan 23, 2005
at the end of the day peaty is a legand, super skilled rider and loads of power, he drinks he smokes and he still kills the worlds best.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Well, I know everyone now knows about the little altercation i got in to after the first World cup in Vigo, and i also know how the rumour mill likes to spin. So for the record this is my account of what happened, straight from the horses mouth as they say.

As always happens after the big races we were all out celebrating, there was a huge gang of Racers, Organisers, Team members, Fans, and the public. Towards the end of the night a large group maybe 30 - 40 people had left the club and started to make their way home. A few individuals that I did not know caused some damage to public stuff, I actually, along with Greg Minnaar tried to tell a Spanish guy to calm it down.
Me and a few other friends walked ahead a little of the main bunch, then the police showed up and started to arrest a Spanish guy, he flipped and fought the police. At this point we were stood over the other side of the road watching, we decided to go get taxis and go home but the police stopped us and said wait here for a moment, they brought a guy over who pointed at me then the police arrested me. They put me in a car with 2 other British people who also didn't know why they were arrested.
I spent Sunday night and all day Monday in the police custody before I even new why I had been arrested, then when I did find out all they said was that I was with the group of people who damaged property. I also spent Monday night in the cell and was not allowed to make any calls to tell my wife what was happening.Tuesday morning came and they handcuffed me to some scruffy heroin addict then took me to see the judge, I told the judge that I had not done anything wrong and she let me go with no charge whatsoever, I got a piece of paper that stated I was free but if they found any photographic evidence within 3 days they could summons me back. As you can all tell those 3 days passed along time ago now and I have not been back.The other 2 British people that were arrested were also set free.
When I walked out of the courts the paparazzi were waiting, I could'nt believe I had made front page news for doing nothing wrong, the organisers of the race set up a press conference for me to put my side of the story over to the news and papers. I did this but as everyone knows the news, they still tried to make it look bad. I was pissed off that I had spent all that time in a cell, and had to miss my flight for that day just to clear my name for being innocent, it had been a bad experience and I just hope that it does not affect future events in Vigo.The race was a huge success and the local people were friendly and enthusiastic to the racers.
I hope this clears things up for most of you.

Steve Peat

Steve Peat
Team Orange England
www.stevepeat.com

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
stiksandstones said:
Well, I know everyone now knows about the little altercation i got in to after the first World cup in Vigo, and i also know how the rumour mill likes to spin. So for the record this is my account of what happened, straight from the horses mouth as they say.

As always happens after the big races we were all out celebrating, there was a huge gang of Racers, Organisers, Team members, Fans, and the public. Towards the end of the night a large group maybe 30 - 40 people had left the club and started to make their way home. A few individuals that I did not know caused some damage to public stuff, I actually, along with Greg Minnaar tried to tell a Spanish guy to calm it down.
Me and a few other friends walked ahead a little of the main bunch, then the police showed up and started to arrest a Spanish guy, he flipped and fought the police. At this point we were stood over the other side of the road watching, we decided to go get taxis and go home but the police stopped us and said wait here for a moment, they brought a guy over who pointed at me then the police arrested me. They put me in a car with 2 other British people who also didn't know why they were arrested.
I spent Sunday night and all day Monday in the police custody before I even new why I had been arrested, then when I did find out all they said was that I was with the group of people who damaged property. I also spent Monday night in the cell and was not allowed to make any calls to tell my wife what was happening.Tuesday morning came and they handcuffed me to some scruffy heroin addict then took me to see the judge, I told the judge that I had not done anything wrong and she let me go with no charge whatsoever, I got a piece of paper that stated I was free but if they found any photographic evidence within 3 days they could summons me back. As you can all tell those 3 days passed along time ago now and I have not been back.The other 2 British people that were arrested were also set free.
When I walked out of the courts the paparazzi were waiting, I could'nt believe I had made front page news for doing nothing wrong, the organisers of the race set up a press conference for me to put my side of the story over to the news and papers. I did this but as everyone knows the news, they still tried to make it look bad. I was pissed off that I had spent all that time in a cell, and had to miss my flight for that day just to clear my name for being innocent, it had been a bad experience and I just hope that it does not affect future events in Vigo.The race was a huge success and the local people were friendly and enthusiastic to the racers.
I hope this clears things up for most of you.

Steve Peat

Steve Peat
Team Orange England
www.stevepeat.com
Oh snap, for all you Haters, and internet judge-mentals. Suck on that.