Quantcast

Pedal Wieghts

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
Hey guys, right now i am running the azonic A-frames, they are bent to hell, so i need some new pedals. The A-frames seem like they are pretty heavy compared to the easton's or the aircorp flats. Does anyone have actual numbers for these? or a really light flat pedal?

Lejk

Chimp
Jun 3, 2002
Umea
I don't have the numbers for thoose pedals, but I know another set of pedals that are very light and still strong.

These are the NC-17 Mag and a pair of these weights ~390g (!!).

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I just bought a pair of the mg-1s. they were the lightest platform pedal I could find, and have a nice set up w/ the mag body, replacable pins, sealed bearings....

Greatest of all, as said above, they wiegh 370g and cost $80.

Lejk

Chimp
Jun 3, 2002
Umea
Yes, the pedals that I've posted are most likely re-branded Welgo's.

I must say that I'm impressed how strong these pedals are, considering the low weight. Most of my friends that ride BMX also use these and they seem to withstand most of the abuse that these guys give them.

A good buy all in all :banana:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah, i've been abusing a set of MG-1's for a few months and so far so good. My pair weighed 360g on my scales, but either way they are damn light... and seem to hold up quite nicely too (bent two crankarms from pedal smacks but the pedals themselves are still fine).

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
i have been running the mg1's for a while also. I like them except the pins get ripped out slightly easier than an aluminum bodied pedal, i have adapted my riding style to prevent this as much. the tioga pedal would be my next choice, heavier but more holes to put pins in if you want or after the other holes get messed up.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I never got those MG1s to work for me, I smacked my pedals too much. I guess I'd try 'em again now that I'm smoother, and have the patience to JB weld new pins in.

Tiogas are definately a favorite of mine, and they are so much better than A-frames it's loco.

Xclusive

Chimp
Aug 6, 2006
The transition pedals are grippy as hell, comparible to easton flatboys, I think they are easton flatboys... and arent heavy like my old KONA jack s h i t pedals. and have a lower profile.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
funn vipers!! i know for sure there lighter than crank bros 50 50, i think the vipers are 540g, which is heavy i guess, hope your not a wieght weenie

PS they are the grippiest, stickiest pedal i have ever ridden, best flat pedal IMO

46 bucks for standard bearings and around 60-75 for sealed.
PSS ridden them for over a year now, orignal pins are super, not worn down at all, the grip tape is still even grippy.