Quantcast

pedals and grips

william4269

Chimp
Aug 16, 2009
canada
so im looking for new ones for next year. my peaty grips are worn down to the plastic and a the stock pedal pins a warn down enough to be slippery. max i would be looking to spend would be $100 on pedals and $50 on grips. grips must be lock-ons. For the pedals, removable pins would be nice.

steve owens

Chimp
May 22, 2008
Hendersonville,N.C.
Oury mountain lock-ons have been my favorite for many years. Moto style grip with lots of cushion, as well as being good in the rain. If you have smaller hands, look for something else. I've tried quite a few pedals, and I always seem to go back to my old pair of Azonic A Frames.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2009
Heidelberg, Germany
A lot of people hate on the BMW Shinburger pedals but I love mine. The pins aren't removable and they closely resemble a medieval weapon but when you're bombing down the mountain you won't go anywhere. Cleaning is easy enough and if they're too heavy for you or you think they might kill you while riding them BMW also makes a lighter, less evil-looking version. But all in all my favorite pedal I've ever ridden. Try them out!

http://www.brooklynmachineworks.com/parts.html

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Like 4xboy said: if you liked them, get a new pair.

As for pedals, The Shimano DX flatties with the extra long pins installed are good value/performance.

You can always get something "hotter", especially when there are a trillion pedal brands/models to choose from, but the DX:s work well.