Quantcast

Pedals

intensem1

Monkey
Oct 15, 2006
Ok after many lost pins and bent axles it is time for new pedals.Im looking for a pedal that is light,cheap,and has a large platform and is possibly white.Ive heard that the Tioga mx and Wellgo MG1 are good options.Any thoughts or suggetsions are great.Thanks

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Ok after many lost pins and bent axles it is time for new pedals.Im looking for a pedal that is light,cheap,and has a large platform and is possibly white.Ive heard that the Tioga mx and Wellgo MG1 are good options.Any thoughts or suggetsions are great.Thanks
Like what is cheap???

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Yeah clipless? I could never get used to it... Although I will tell my Mental Mags with my 5:10's i feel clipped in.. You never use Flats Dirty..

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
The Tioga MXs are the best pedals I've ever owned. But unfortunately I think they were discontinued. MG-1s are certainly a great Bang for the Buck pedal. Another pedal you might want to give a look at are the Eastern pedals. They are dual concaved with removable pins sealed bearings, magnesium and you can get them in a bunch of different colors including white.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
.. You never use Flats Dirty..
Always, Road, Bmx, XC, DH, FR always, love it love the feel, But thats just me, Clipless works great for some, not for others. Best bet to stick with what works for you, funny part is that I used to be anti cliples smyself till i started using them for road training, then for XC now i just absolutly love them

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Always, Road, Bmx, XC, DH, FR always, love it love the feel, But thats just me, Clipless works great for some, not for others. Best bet to stick with what works for you, funny part is that I used to be anti cliples smyself till i started using them for road training, then for XC now i just absolutly love them
I'm starting to get the same way, I used to be anti-clipless but my manager at my shop has been taking me on some Epic XC/AM rides and I simply wouldn't be able to do the rides if I wasn't clipped in. I also realized that in my last few DH races I'm losing a couple seconds here and there in pedally sections cause I just don't have the efficiency as I do while clipped in. I'm prolly gonna pro-deal some Crank Bros. Mallets sometime soon for my race rig.

Stickler

Chimp
Feb 12, 2005
Bellingham, WA
The Tioga MXs are the best pedals I've ever owned. But unfortunately I think they were discontinued.
The Tioga MX pedals are still available--just an updated version. I've been riding them for the past 4 months and they are really nice. The platform is large, but still a light pedal.

Just purchased the MG-1 for the SX----haven't even ridden them yet.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yet again another vote for the mx's. ive been running mine for about 3 years now and all i need to do is put some more pins in and regrease the axel and they will be good to go. although stickler where can you get these updated versions that you speak of.

ohh and on another note im going to be running clipless on my race rig cause well ive used them on a few rides and well i absolutly love them. i mean i love my flats but i fell in love with the clipless and feel extremely comfortable on them, but that is just one mans opinion.