Quantcast

Pedrosfest 2006!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I Are Baboon said:
I'll trade you a shirt for a few ridemonkey decals. :) Should I ask for Tame Ape?
I don't have anything to put them on! No car and no windows because I live in a Park with a WiFi laptop.

Oh, and ask for Ethan instead, the response will be more accurate.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Tame Ape said:
I don't have anything to put them on! No car and no windows because I live in a Park with a WiFi laptop.

Oh, and ask for Ethan instead, the response will be more accurate.
Put em on your bike!

You've got one of those right? ;)

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Tame Ape said:
Everyone better come by and say hello to me! I'm going to be in the NYC Velo booth slinging some shirts and helping my friends out.

Here's a description of me:
I'm white
I'm lactose intolerant
I have collapsed arches

Should be pretty easy to find me!
But the knees are ok?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Tame Ape said:
Everyone better come by and say hello to me! I'm going to be in the NYC Velo booth slinging some shirts and helping my friends out.
find me!
I'll look for you. I'll be wearing either a RM t-shirt or jersey. And I'll have a MtnBikerChk with me.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Anyone going to Jiminy on Sat/Sun during Pedrofest? $10.00 lift tickets! I hope to be there 2-5 on Sat (if I can get out of work!) and 11-5 on Sunday. If anyone wants to learn the trails there, PM me and we can hook up (1/2 the mtn. has flowy trails that you can ride using a "less than, shall we say" dh bike.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
Jim Mac said:
Anyone going to Jiminy on Sat/Sun during Pedrofest? $10.00 lift tickets! I hope to be there 2-5 on Sat (if I can get out of work!) and 11-5 on Sunday. If anyone wants to learn the trails there, PM me and we can hook up (1/2 the mtn. has flowy trails that you can ride using a "less than, shall we say" dh bike.
is this fest. at Jiminy??.I remember the nationals advertising a big festival at Mt Snow I think this weekend aswell..???..I am taking next week off and was going to go up there during the week would a XC bike be ok .????????

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
ktmsx said:
is this fest. at Jiminy??.I remember the nationals advertising a big festival at Mt Snow I think this weekend aswell..???..I am taking next week off and was going to go up there during the week would a XC bike be ok .????????
A lot of Pedrofest xc rides end up on top of Jiminy Peak in and around the Pittsfield State Forest...So Jiminy Peak runs discount lift tickets during the fest. Mt. Snow, for some strange reason, also scheduled their 1st Annual MTB Fest on the same days as Pedro's, but smartly cancelled when they realized the errors of their ways!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jim Mac said:
A lot of Pedrofest xc rides end up on top of Jiminy Peak in and around the Pittsfield State Forest...So Jiminy Peak runs discount lift tickets during the fest. Mt. Snow, for some strange reason, also scheduled their 1st Annual MTB Fest on the same days as Pedro's, but smartly cancelled when they realized the errors of their ways!
Jim, do you need to be a Pedro attendee to get teh $10 lift tickets, or can I just show up at Jiminy and get that price?

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
ok thanks,but when I go to Jiminy will I bo ok with XC bike or is this more like just downhilling....?..man I have to get a new bike..

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
hey where did you go.??? I have a meeting in 25 minutes and this going to bother me if I don't know the answer.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ktmsx said:
ok thanks,but when I go to Jiminy will I bo ok with XC bike or is this more like just downhilling....?..man I have to get a new bike..
Jim Peak = DH bike

change of plans, looks like I got the hook up w/free admin So I'm planning to be there for most of Saturday

Twinsix/Crank Jersey or ridemonkey/tequila t-shirt

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
Thanks I think, not the answer I wanted but it is an answer...I guess I could rent for the day....

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
I live near Soapstone and ride XC alot...I want to try something diff.you know when you are riding and you get a nice long downhill section that has some drops and is just a blast...something like that...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
ktmsx said:
Despite what Doug said, I think you could get away with an "all mountain" or good trail bike on the one side of Jiminy where the trails are fast and flowy (versus the "straight down the fall line" side). Hell, I see people riding dirt jumpers there and last pedro's fest saw a lot of people with regular old xc bikes with their seats all the way down. They looked a little beaten up but had a good time nonetheless.

And Tigg: the 10 buck tix are for whoever shows up on that day, not just for Pedro people.

So, Doug and Tigg and anyone else, wanna ride Jiminy? I will gladly be your cruse director! HA!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jim Mac said:
And Tigg: the 10 buck tix are for whoever shows up on that day, not just for Pedro people.

So, Doug and Tigg and anyone else, wanna ride Jiminy? I will gladly be your cruse director! HA!
Hmmmm..... I'm going to try and make it on Sunday. Just gotta run it by the wife. I'll let you know....

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
big party on a lake Sat...if it hot as heck, I might skip dirtbiking and go up there Sun aswell....

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
McGRP01 said:
Hmmmm..... I'm going to try and make it on Sunday. Just gotta run it by the wife. I'll let you know....
yeah since tickets are only $10 i could probably convince my parents to let me borrow a car for the day. plus some of the sinister factory riders are putting on a free race clinic that day as well.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
OK, here is the update. I called Jiminy - they said it's $15 per day (versus $24 usually). Or $28 for 2 days/ $40 for 3! Not quite 10 but not bad!