Quantcast

Pee Wee Fest 06..

C-los

Chimp
Sep 26, 2005
Pee Wees is located in Lincolnton NC about 5 miles from highway 321. The festival you probably saw footage of is held at the end of April/begening of May/. to honnor Harrold Pee Wee Morrison who built the trail on his land originally and has since passed. The $$ raised at the fest is donated to a good cause. There are a group of dedicated riders who maintain and have added to this trail since they were allowed to come in and help. You can ride there anytime for only 2$ (which some riders still dont pay). and that also goes to a good cause. There is a nice network of trails with singletrack gullies and lots of single jumps through out. along with a jump park with nice large tables and a huge box jump and of course th north shore section all of which are being added to. Work will start in early 2006.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
ridetoofast said:
thanks for the heads up...aint gonna miss it this year. is the park dog friendly? i have a 'trail' dog that i take with me just about everywhere i can.
last time I rode, hucking to flat, dirt jumps, blind landings and dogs with random flight patterns didn't mix....:p :p

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
he hasn't been around many elevated stunts but he does a good job staying out of the way for djs. he basically just shadows me to one side or the other.

i did have him up at w'green one year and he climbed all over the stuff there...didnt bother him one bit.

when i take him on the trails up here, he jumps up onto the log rides and follows me.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
heh..ask Jeremy R about my dog...it's not a game to him...it's 1 on 1 demolition derby! He will own ya in a turn....he doesn't pass on straights....he t-bones! :D:D:D
You see these legs....he OWNS anybody. He once did a complete run at Beech Mtn DH and never got more than 5 feet behind me on the pro course...3 runs in a row!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Someone had a dog, off a leash, at ETSU this year. It ran in front of the largest double out there twice right in front of me. Once I nearly missed it and almost crashed. I love dogs (I have two lumbering Labs) and I love to take them with me when I ride. But when other people are around I leave them at home. I would hate for them to wreck anyone ecspecially around DJs or stunts.

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
ridetoofast said:
hey santa...i almost hooked up with a job in hickory, wished i had as i heard the riding out y'alls way is right NASTY
*I edited your post for correctness*

you know how we do.....if you don't....ask around

haro...to answer your question:

there aren't any skill classes....but there is U-18 and Over 18.....but i have to say....the U-18 class is pretty tough with us local boys......BUT(its not REALLY a Freeride competition.....hince the name Pee Wee's Freeride FESTIVAL......its not about skill, who can huck the **** out of their bike the best (although there is a cash prize for that), or what u ride......just a bunch of guys (sometimes women) who get together for a weekend and have a good 'ol time. I wouldn't recommend coming if your expecting something along the lines of an actuall Freeride comp (i.e. A Monster Park or a Crankworx style event)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
peewees is fun. lots of options for lines, a good crew of people, a good cause and an all around good time. i would tell anyone that can make it to head out there and have some fun.

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
someone last year threw a table top off a 7 ft drop......and a rockstar has been thrown of the 10 foot fire gap......and "THE DUDE" threw a nasty 3 table-top (yes he gapped over 3 of them) jump....mmike from what i saw at hick park....u should be in the frontrunners....just for staying on the bike after that drop..much less the impact with the tree.

the competition before the festival between the riders is to see who can hit the most spectators......they're everywhere.......just kidding......although flying bikes have been known to cause some chaos :)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
santacruzed said:
someone last year threw a table top off a 7 ft drop......and a rockstar has been thrown of the 10 foot fire gap......and "THE DUDE" threw a nasty 3 table-top (yes he gapped over 3 of them) jump....mmike from what i saw at hick park....u should be in the frontrunners....just for staying on the bike after that drop..much less the impact with the tree.

the competition before the festival between the riders is to see who can hit the most spectators......they're everywhere.......just kidding......although flying bikes have been known to cause some chaos :)
I'll only come if you have a pixie bike on site for my personal demo pleasure...

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
santacruzed said:

Alright man, count me in.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeahm ike you would have a blast and kill the big jumps. the local talent includes a lot of good riders. and there are spectators everywhere. most of em stay out of the way but if you bail hard most likely one of em will get hit or inevitably fall over into some brush from jumping out of the way. i did my final run with a cigarette in my mouth and no back brake on a bet that i wouldnt.

asshat never paid me the money either.