Quantcast

Pee Wee's mountain bike park

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
Does anyone know what the current status/condition of this park is?
I'm thinking of getting a small group of riders together here in Nashville and driving down one weekend within the next few weeks, weather permitting, and jam for a little bit.

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
LOL. I wish Windrock was in my backyard! Although me and my friend Kenny have a North Shore style park built in his 2 acre backyard. You can see pics of it in the Insane Stunts thread if you haven't already.
As for Windrock, the overseers are extremely particular about the type of bike you have and the amount of protective gear you have.
I only have a 5" travel A/M bike. I don't think they'd let me on it, and from what I've heard about those trails, I'd rather have a bigger bike on it too.

Thanks for letting me know about Pee Wee's. Although if we were to make a trip there, it would only be the first stop. The Clemson DH/FR trail and the other freeride trail in SC (can't remember the town) would also be on our stop.
What about Pee Wee's didn't you like that made it not very fun?

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
What other freeride trail in SC? Do you know what town or area? The Clemson FR trail is cool but there is not a whole bunch of trails to ride. There is a new DS track and the FR trail has been recently reworked

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
There's really no reason to go to Pee Wee's if you have to drive that far. There are only a few stunts and jumps. It's great if you live in that area though.

You'd have to drive right thru Pisgah to get there so you should stop there instead.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
You can ride at Windrock with your bike and gear. Now it may not be as fun as riding it on a real DH bike. I run a 7"x7" bike there and have lots of fun.

My suggestion is go ride in Pisgah or Wilson Creek. It would be worth the trip.

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
You can ride at Windrock with your bike and gear. Now it may not be as fun as riding it on a real DH bike. I run a 7"x7" bike there and have lots of fun.

My suggestion is go ride in Pisgah or Wilson Creek. It would be worth the trip.
I think it's more of a matter of the caretakers of the place than my bike's capability. I've read that they are sticklers for ensuring that anyone who rides there has the proper gear (bikes and pads). I've heard they don't allow hardtails on the trail at all, and won't allow you to ride if you don't have an armor vest and helmet.

Are Pisgah and WC strictly XC trails?

You all should come to Nashville and jam at my park. It's only 2 acres, but we're building and cramming quite a bunch of stuff in there.

Rocketmatt,

There was another thread on here where a member mentioned a trail in another SC town. Let me see if I can dig it up for you.

EDIT: Here it is matt.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191996
The OP mentions that it's in Woodruff. But from what the others say, it's even less than Pee Wee's.