Quantcast

Peppers!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Mmmm....just bought some jalopenos and some habs at the market last week.

They make for some damn tasty refried beans, even better with chicken and tossed in spanish rice. And all that means some HOT burritos for lunch the next day!

Nice score.

The Ito

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Nothing like fresh, locally grown veggies in the summer. I just have to figure out what to do with them all. I may just string some of them up, until they dry and grind them into powder. I do it with Cayennes that my dad grows each year. :drool:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
berkshire_rider said:
I may just string some of them up, until they dry and grind them into powder. I do it with Cayennes that my dad grows each year. :drool:
Do you have to do anything to them, or do you just have rotting/drying veggies hanging around?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
stinkyboy said:
Do you have to do anything to them, or do you just have rotting/drying veggies hanging around?
For the cayennes, I tie bunches of them together and hang them up. They don't rot or smell bad in any way. They simply dry out. Once they dry, I grind them up in my old coffee grinder. and store the cayenne powder in an airtight dish. If you don't want to look at them drying, you can hang them up in the closet, or a spare room you don't use much.

Attachments