Quantcast

Phoenix out and back....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
No, not the gross style. I flew out Thursday morn from Reno so I could be with Mom to celebrate her 65th bday. You know moms-- mine wanted her 4 sons together for the event, so how could I say no? Besides, she paid for the ticket, so it was no $$$ loss to me (yes, I'm a cheap bugger). Arrive at 10 a.m., get with family, have lunch at Chompies in Scottsdale, supply shopping, quick nap at their place, then over to family friends for party. Told Mom I'd make bagels for dinner, so I get started. BTW, do any of you know how difficult it is to mix bread dough with a wire electric beater and not use dough hooks? Yep, it was fun. Then, the oven I'm using is just a bit too small, so I had to get creative with the stacking of the bagels. Every one arrives, we have dinner, talk a lot, Mom unwraps presents, then I take off with middle brother to stay the night at his place. Oh, and this is the first time I'm meeting his son, who's about 10 months. Real cutey, he is. Wife and I gave Mom a couple of pics of the wild horses I've posted about here before. Very, very special to her.

Next morn, get up, have breakfast with brother, work on his bike, parents come over for lunch, then it's off for the airport and trip home.

I already want to go back............

Last edited:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Dude. Mix bread dough with your HANDS.
Though I know of this technique, I'm sorry to say that my gorilla paws would not combine the few ingredients involved in making my bagels to the proper consistency I prefer. Besides, have you ever dug dough out from under your nails? And no, I don't have long girlie nails, I do keep mine trimmed................

JohnE, thanx for the props................