Quantcast

Photos from my Whislter trip

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
I ran into Dexter out there, sorry I didnt get a chance to ride with him.

Weather was absolutely perfect. We got some light rain early in the week which set it up for tacky fast riding later on. Put a lil too much trust in my tires and found myself lowsiding a couple of times as things dried out... running too fast and too low on berms while trying to pass.

Here are some of the photos, as usual, the best jumps and lines were left undocumented.. .hard to pull in the brakes when you're having this much fun. Lots of off the bike action too, thank you Kokanee Gold.

This was the bike I got to break in finally:

One from the top:

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
awesome photos.. Keep them coming.. any injuries on that one bail out jump?
Thats my buddy Scott. He rolled his ankle and it bruised up bad. He couldnt walk after that.

But he could ride.... :busted: Hes normally really smooth... that was a no-footed can that went south.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
So jealous, I need to get up there. Thanks for the pics. How was the totem on those trails? Ever hold you back when up on Garbanzo?

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
So jealous, I need to get up there. Thanks for the pics. How was the totem on those trails? Ever hold you back when up on Garbanzo?

The Totem was great if you discount the fact it was leaking significant amounts of oil the whole time.:bonk: I dont mean that to come off as negative as it sounds... the fork rode great. I didnt miss a double crown at all.... If I lived near a chair lift it would have an 888 or a 40, but shes got to pedal to the top sometimes too....

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
where are thoughs last two pics taken from?

I was up there about 3 weeks ago...I dont recognize that at all...

P.S. The '05 demo guys tags on his bike! How'd he get away with that? haha.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Edit: ohhhh...ok gotcha.

I only did Goats gully once when I was up there, so thats why it didnt strike my right away probly.

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
sick pictures and riding. the tatto demo 7 is the ugliest bike i have ever seen. like the idea could of been cool. but it looks awful. thats all

oz

Chimp
Nov 11, 2003
dude i rode with you guys. haha. I was that random guy who joined up with mika and rode a few runs with you guys. haha good to see you guys had fun. thanks for giving me a group to ride with

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i was there just about a month ago, but i'm already dying to get back, i can't believe how awesome the riding was. it makes everything where i live seem so boring, the only spots that are enjoyable to ride now are pacifica and santa cruz, both over 45 minutes away.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
good to meet ya boxxer.funny we both stopped and were like hey you have an ugly bike too. you can see me helmet and head in the pic of the guy bailing to the right

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Don't wanna hijack this thread, but don't wanna start another...Here are some photos from my trip a couple of weeks ago:

Some randoms on Upper Aline

Clown Shoes sends its regards (x2)

Momma Bear and kids blocking Captain Safety (I think)

Fun little steep roller option on Goats

Same section in action (bad light + fast objects + bc bud induced photographer = bad photo):bonk: