Quantcast

photosequence of my tailwhip to death!

dirt-dart

Monkey
Feb 26, 2006
mccall ID/eagle river AK
i went dirtjump jumping the other day since alaska is really boring and one has to work for any downhill in this area, and it was kind of boring and i didnt even plan on trying anything new, but damn travis tried a 3, and so i tried a tailwhip, and the end result was a bent brake lever and a really sore body. i tried a bunch of times and this is one of the more interesting attempts...

the bike bounced really far hahaha:poster_oops:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
you over jumped that by a mile!

you were no where near ready

pic 4 you did not have your leg

up to get back over the bike.

get a trap bike b/f you kill yourself!

dirt-dart

Monkey
Feb 26, 2006
mccall ID/eagle river AK
yea, a tramp bike was one of the most helpful things to get me to this point, and the bigger and heaver the tramp bike the better! by pic 5 i tried to get my leg up but it was definatly too late
i'll put a sequence up tonight from a side angle that might look cool too:rockout:

dirt-dart

Monkey
Feb 26, 2006
mccall ID/eagle river AK
heres another from a diffrent angle, same day...

AND TO ANYONE LEARNING, NOTICE IN FIRST PICTURE THAT ONE MUST BE REALLY FRONT HEAVY, like almost to the point of being really uncomfortable. this was the key to learning this much

BUT, NOTICE IN THE LAST PICTURE, I WAS STILL NOT LEANED FORWARD ENOUGH OR CONTROLLING THE SECOND HALF OF IT TO LAND PROPERLY

i have since caught one with my feet on the pedals but i landed completly on my side... but i'm close hahah

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
Gettin' there!
Before you go full tilt, try landing on top of the jump with the bike beside you. Once you get the bike to spin nice and flat, then go faster, pull up your knee and aim for the pedals.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
The bike is going through the proper rotation, but it's still way out in front of you. I'm working on these too and I have to concentrate on doing it so the bike stays under me. It's harder to bail on, but it's the only way to position yourself to land properly. For example: picture 3 in the second sequence, the bars should be next to your hip instead of way out in front of you. Kepp trying, you're getting close. And keep posting pictures, this is great stuff.