Quantcast

^&%Phridaze GMT%&^

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rolled out of the homestead yesterday. Bedded down at my Dad's in Bridgeport WV. Many RAINZ on the way. MOAR RAINZ until I get west of the Mississippi.
If all goes well the rockies will come into view as the sun rises tomorrow. But am pretty shelled from the move and not sure if I have the endurance.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Rolled out of the homestead yesterday. Bedded down at my Dad's in Bridgeport WV. Many RAINZ on the way. MOAR RAINZ until I get west of the Mississippi.
If all goes well the rockies will come into view as the sun rises tomorrow. But am pretty shelled from the move and not sure if I have the endurance.
Don't worry - the Rockies are going to be moar rainz for you, too.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Big ride last night. My fitness was better than expected, but still not quite where it needs to be to keep up to my buddies.... Great conditions though, and a ton of climbing. I need to install my new cassette and drivetrain to get a 42t on there. I managed with my 36t yesterday, but boy was in painful. Wish I could have stopped to take pictures of the forest floor covered in trilliums, but I was chasing from behind...

Looks like rain all weekend, starting now... I'm at home with the little one, who has some sort of virus causing a rash. He's still sleeping. it's quarter after eight here! why can't he do that on the weekends!?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Moar rainz this afternoon. I hate 2016 so far, what a sucky fucky year it has been.

Now excuse me, I got to cough my lungs out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Lightning storm and marble size rain drops all night. I want to ride tonight, but I'm not sure that I want to deal with cleaning the bike off and getting covered in sludge. This storm has also brought a metric shit ton of humidity. I walked into the factory about ten minutes ago and immediately said NOPE. Its even worse in there...

No one can ride with me tomorrow, so I'm thinking of doing a solo ride at some new trails. Always hesitant about doing that, as it usually ends with getting lost and finding all the deadend trails. Finding a trail map seems to be tricky, too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
since SS is neglecting his duties...SUIP..
HTFU....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Fun ride with SS yesterday though I felt like a bag of shit for most of it. Went OTB in the rocks pretty early and lost my mojo prior to getting to Dakota Ridge. Was one of those rides that I wish I had a 29er cause it would have rolled over rocks a lot easier when I was pushing it uphill.

Time to order up a new front chainring. I'm tired of stuffing a 32/32 combo up everything.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin!

Fun ride with SS yesterday though I felt like a bag of shit for most of it. Went OTB in the rocks pretty early and lost my mojo prior to getting to Dakota Ridge. Was one of those rides that I wish I had a 29er cause it would have rolled over rocks a lot easier when I was pushing it up.

Time to order up a new front chainring. I'm tired of stuffing a 32/32 combo up everything.
Where did you crash?

those 10-sp parts are waiting, swing by this weekend.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Where did you crash?

those 10-sp parts are waiting, swing by this weekend.
Coming down the switchbacks on the Morrison Slide Trail. Hit a big enough rock to endo and come down with my knee between the rock and my top tube.

You around this weekend? Ride Sunday morning perhaps?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ride last night with coworkers was a success, very fun trails.

Charity Jeep event tomorrow, topless ride up the Maine coastline ending with food and beers. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Girl in my work group just came over to me fighting back tears to tell me she was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. Fuck that noise. Here's to hoping she kicks its ass quickly and fully.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
looking like tomorrow will be my only opportunity to get in a proper mtb ride. trying to plan for it despite the rain. DH is a possibility if the rain is minimal today tonight, otherwise there's a set of reasonably flowy trails that has high shale content and drains well enough its pretty much always rideable in spite of conditions.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sometimes musicians neglect their retirement plans and need to source funds from fans they had in the day. I liked the Stone Roses but probably not enough to pay for a single.
1.29....less money than you would give to a street per.....oh wait...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yesterday was busy with one person out. Today we have two people out.

:facepalm:

Two days of work left before Japan!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It seems that a Honeycrisp apple has slipped into my pile of Pink Ladys. WHAT THE FUCK I can't have this kind of asshattery going on.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My lawn can turn brown, the sprinkler system can stay unplugged.

Aiming for 5th MTB ride of the week this afternoon. Works sucks, but at least I'm riding plenty.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Girl in my work group just came over to me fighting back tears to tell me she was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. Fuck that noise. Here's to hoping she kicks its ass quickly and fully.
To add to this, also found out a kid I work with and his wife (who is pregnant with twins) lost one of them.

:stosh:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Randy went on a Coke Binder and violated his Parole. He asked me if I could hold his apartment for him until he gets out in 2 years. $670 a month for 2 years, 15K I cannot. Cops picked him up at work? He is a chef in a popular area restaurant. He has a dog too. A Jack Russel. Bad ass too. I have a feeling this going to cost me big time.... His Sister is supposed to get the dog. She is a deadbeat and I am not sure I am on board with her getting the dog. I had the building Manager change the locks because I know she will rip him off....

Rochester is not for the weak. Now we got Fentanal killing everyone. OK I am reasonable. If it kills you, then how fun is it? WTF?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Save bad ass dog, let him & the sister worry about the rest?

You're a better man than me. My friends know id do a lot for them, but it all goes to shit after "coke bender" and jail. I left that nonsense behind 20+ years ago.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Coke binder? He's an ex con chemist chef? Did he use phenol based binder? Why is this illegal on Rochester?
We can get Yellowflake for $70/grm here in the Roc. I don't know what phenol based binder is? Cocaine is like illegal everywhere just so you know.... Always a bad idea also in case you are on the fence.

Chemist Chef... His French Onion soup is to die for. Cajun Stroganoff with egg noodle and andouille Sausage. Grits with cheese and tiny little shrimps and peas... Copius amounts of wine while working. I made a fair amount of money from his hardwork...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
We can get Yellowflake for $70/grm here in the Roc. I don't know what phenol based binder is? Cocaine is like illegal everywhere just so you know.... Always a bad idea also in case you are on the fence.

Chemist Chef... His French Onion soup is to die for. Cajun Stroganoff with egg noodle and andouille Sausage. Grits with cheese and tiny little shrimps and peas... Copius amounts of wine while working. I made a fair amount of money from his hardwork...
Local farriers around here are big on coke because the lack of smoke is more pleasant for the horses and it burns super hot. I think we might be on different pages here...

Last edited: