Quantcast

Pic of your favorite Free-Ride Bike

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
sapdesigns said:
Knolly V-Tach ^ probably one of the most expensive frames out there.

Nicolai and Demo 9 are a few that are more expensive. The Knolly can be found under $3k. There are a lot of bike frames around $3k now.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
For freeride, I'd definitely go with the Knolly too. That is one sick bike. It is built top notch, no expense spared. I was thinking about getting one a long time ago, but they were super expensive, and they are a bit too freeridey since I race a lot now.

The SX trail is also a sick bike. I personally can't stand Karpiels. To the guy who posted the all black steel bike...What is the WB on that thing? Looks really long for some reason.

Fox 40's can be on freeride bikes. Its a first year production run. The arches cracked, they fixed it for '06. I've seen many people beat on those and they don't get messed up at all.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
steel fully is like my wet dream

r those hood bikes frames uber $$$? (i bet thats a yes)

id love to have that armageddon w/ the super monster, just for kicks, i bet it has sweet pedal bob

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Mine , now with rf xy seatpost and finally working xtr rear der ( sora and tiagra wasnt shifting all gears ;/ )

Thats an old pic from late summer. Polish/Czech R. boarder with beautifull view :)

Oh and about pedal bob, when you will fit an avy it will not bob a lot. Avy stays in about 2/5 of travel and theres almost no pedal bob. You just need to learn how to pedal efficently.

Woolleyfooley

Monkey
Mar 12, 2006
warwick new york
i also have a question. i know i shouldnt be asking it here but since i want a freeride bike and somewhat a dh i need to know the difference as well. i mean i know it but i have a question. my shop has an 05 a line that i might be purchasing saturday. is this a good freeride bike?? also can i pedal it flat land and up slight hills to get to my local woods fr trails!? thanks sooo much to anyone who responds:)

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Sure you can! A line is light and plush. It will be a sweet freeride bike i think.

However... you better listen other guys cause im oldskool an 20kg bike is light for me. I see lot bikes with single crowns now for "slopestyle" and i really dont like them. For me the freeride machine should take abuse to the max, pay once and ride forever! Thats how i ended with such monter. Everything else simply failed.

I personally dislike 888, but i know many people who love them so i think you will be happy with your new rig. I also like norco geometry.

Older frames was cracking on the swingarms ( almost all of them ) i dont know how it is now?

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
formermtboarder said:
steel fully is like my wet dream

r those hood bikes frames uber $$$? (i bet thats a yes)

id love to have that armageddon w/ the super monster, just for kicks, i bet it has sweet pedal bob

Contact Steve at SWD Racing. That's swdracing.com.

Steve makes some sweet bikes that are all chromoly. He will build to your specs too for a custom fit.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Matt H said:
This many warrant a whole new thread, but after looking at these pictures of freeride bikes, I have no idea what the differences are between DH bikes and FR bikes.

Anyone?
geometry, part spec. Dh rigs have lower bb's, slacker headtubes, longer wheelbase. All adds to more stability and lower center of mass. They also usually have a lighter part spec, closer gearing. All adds up to better in the turns and more stable over tough stuff, but less flickable in the air among other things

Woolleyfooley

Monkey
Mar 12, 2006
warwick new york
MaxDamageDA said:
Sure you can! A line is light and plush. It will be a sweet freeride bike i think.

However... you better listen other guys cause im oldskool an 20kg bike is light for me. I see lot bikes with single crowns now for "slopestyle" and i really dont like them. For me the freeride machine should take abuse to the max, pay once and ride forever! Thats how i ended with such monter. Everything else simply failed.

I personally dislike 888, but i know many people who love them so i think you will be happy with your new rig. I also like norco geometry.

Older frames was cracking on the swingarms ( almost all of them ) i dont know how it is now?

thanks! yeah i still have to think. anyone else have any opinions on how a lines are pedaling and freeriding wise?

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Woolleyfooley said:
thanks! yeah i still have to think. anyone else have any opinions on how a lines are pedaling and freeriding wise?

if you can get it cheap do it...it sounds like you are a begginer so you really wont know the difference..its not a bad bike..its pretty heavy but pedalable..it will suck up anything you hit and if you get it cheap enough just sell it when you get better and want a new bike..i personally wouldnt ride it but it will get the job done....

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
Mine , now with rf xy seatpost and finally working xtr rear der ( sora and tiagra wasnt shifting all gears ;/ )

Thats an old pic from late summer. Polish/Czech R. boarder with beautifull view

Oh and about pedal bob, when you will fit an avy it will not bob a lot. Avy stays in about 2/5 of travel and theres almost no pedal bob. You just need to learn how to pedal efficently.
I LIKE THE BRAKES

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Matt H said:
This many warrant a whole new thread, but after looking at these pictures of freeride bikes, I have no idea what the differences are between DH bikes and FR bikes.

Anyone?

freeride is anything you want it to be. that is why it is called freeride. bikes tend to be bigger and heavier so you are free to ride big stuff as well as small stuff.

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
This one is looking ultra light mode ;>

BTW. Why theres so many people there with Large bullits? I mean why large? I think that such bikes are harder to control than my 27kg tank with its perfect geometry and small size... Im 185cm and my army is set up to be smallest possible and its S-M...