Quantcast

Picked up this badboy today for my ZION

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Stosh - have you started the build at all yet? how about a progress report?
Well I had a fork for it but the Steerer tube is to short.
The wheels should be arriving at my house tonight, along with the hope seat collar. I received the Thompson seatpost Tuesday. I purchased some hayes disc brakes when I bought the frame. All I need are 8spd triggers, front der., and a BB. Oh and I'm using a Salsa Stem an a set of Azonic riser (slight) bars.

Edit: the new stand I got for xmas rocks!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
What stand did you get? Did you go with the FSA wheels?
No I got a set from a guy on RM.
The rear is a WTB and front is a SUN. They weren't super expensive so they should do for now.

I got the Ultimate Pro Elite stand. Way better than that wrench force.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
The wheels should be arriving at my house tonight, along with the hope seat collar. I received the Thompson seatpost Tuesday. I purchased some hayes disc brakes when I bought the frame. All I need are 8spd triggers, front der., and a BB. Oh and I'm using a Salsa Stem an a set of Azonic riser (slight) bars.

What fork did you have that was too short? And, why aren't you going to SS it? :sneaky:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
What fork did you have that was too short? And, why aren't you going to SS it? :sneaky:
I'm not metro enough for single speed yet.
I had a manitou mars. The S.T. was about 1/2" to short.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
A LOT of dudes who run the Reba on their 29ers and the say it is a really good fork. I think you'll be pleased with your purchase.

:)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:

What clamp diameter do you need for the front der? I've got an XT that might need a home.

N8 said:
A LOT of dudes who run the Reba on their 29ers and the say it is a really good fork. I think you'll be pleased with your purchase.

:)
Beth seems quite pleased with her Reba.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
What clamp diameter do you need for the front der? I've got an XT that might need a home.

Beth seems quite pleased with her Reba.
CHeck your PM's