Quantcast

Picked up this yup wagon tonight.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
splat said:
Super Charger ? I haven't seen a Super charger since the 70's , do you mean turbo charger ? although it would look bad ass with a Super charger poking up through the hood
Yes you have... you just didn't know it. OEM s/c generally draw air from under the hood, so from the road, there are no visible signs of a s/c.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yes you have... you just didn't know it. OEM s/c generally draw air from under the hood, so from the road, there are no visible signs of a s/c.
Ha, I saw a CRV with a hood scoop yesterday, that was freaking funny!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
She's amazing! :D I'll post up some more pics today.

You considering a hitch rack for the new wheels or planning on going with the roof only?
Not sure yet. I have a hitch rack and most of the stuff to set up the roof rack.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
Not sure yet. I have a hitch rack and most of the stuff to set up the roof rack.
We have both. I personally (being the short one) find the hitch rack easier, but when we bring both XC & DH bikes or when we carpool with other riders, it's handy to have both as an option.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Have you test drove the 05-06 Xterra yet?
Nope - everything I've seen/read about them seems great. My brother has one of the new fronteirs... I assume it's very similar to the Xterra.

I haven't driven one because the last thing I need is any more reasons to replace my truck.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerChk said:
CONGRATS!

New cars are always fun. ENJOY!
Thanks! I had no intentions on purchasing one last night which was totally in my favor because I wasn't in any type of rush so I had no problem walking out the door.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Joe Pozer said:
Congrats on the New Xterra. I purchased the SE model in October and couldn't be happier. I've taken to Tahoe 6 out of the last 8 weeks and it handled the snowy conditions without any issues. I'm also pretty impressed with it acceleration. For such a big SUV is picks up speed quickly which makes merging into traffic a breeze.

So far I've put 8k miles since the beginning of Nov. without any problems.
Awesome!!!

8K and going strong!! Man i hope so!!!!

I loved how my old Xterra did in the snow. I'm gonna need to get some non-crappy tires though!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
7k.... 8k miles... :p

I'm working on the other side of 210k on my Toy 4Runner now... and I just remembered it's been 9k miles since I changed my oil....

:)

splat

Nam I am

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
splat said:
but when you say Super charger this is what I still think of as a Super charger !! Like the one my Buddy in high school had. A real Super charger

do you know... does that compress the air like a pulley driven S/C does, or does it rely on the "ram air" type of thing?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
7k.... 8k miles... :p

I'm working on the other side of 210k on my Toy 4Runner now... and I just remembered it's been 9k miles since I changed my oil....

:)
Oh the new X's also have more ground clearance.

J

JRB

splat said:
Intersting , Have not seen that before. ( an xterra SC )

but when you say Super charger this is what I still think of as a Super charger !! Like the one my Buddy in high school had. A real Super charger

I had never seen it for the Xterra, but remember seeing it that way on the name plates. I would add one aftermarket, if i knew parts weren't already too worn in.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
merrrrjig said:
havent seen that new sytle, looks pretty good, but I think I like the older style better\
There is almost no differences in the body. If anything this looks more like the 00 and 01's.

The did square the back off a bit but the back seat feels almost the same as the old one.

The push button 4x4 is going to rock, the old X sucked getting it in and out of 4wd low.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
jacksonpt said:
do you know... does that compress the air like a pulley driven S/C does, or does it rely on the "ram air" type of thing?
It's still compressing the air, it's the ambient air rather than hot air from under the hood.

S/C's are pretty cool. You don't get the lag that turbo cars have, the boost begins to build as soon as the RPM's do, but the downside is that they normally run out of steam quicker than most turbo setups.