Quantcast

Pics from Åre Mountain Mayhem 2005...

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
Three weeks ago, The third Åre Mountain Mayhem was held in Åre, Sweden, the place of the 99' Worlds in mtb...

We went some 10 danes up there, and i shot some pics of the festival.... which included a Adidas Slopestyle Contest and Wallride, XBS- Extreme Biking Series 4X race, bike clinics starring; Steve Romaniuk, Dylan Tremblay & Matti Lehikoinen, and the Nordic Championships in downhill.... :)

Have a look, the rumour goes, that for the 06' version of the Mayhem, it'll be the official Euro Champs in all respective classes :devil:

I wanna say a big thanks to all sponsors involved for backing up on this big event, and all the dudes behind the Mayhem, nice job folks, we'll be back next year :)

Pics are here: http://mtb.dk/gallery/albun83

Enjoy.... Steen.

FOX Dropzone and expo area...

View from the 1000 meter track.

This huge 30 feet drop, cost Bjarke [dark shirt] a broken collarbone, still he was awarded "Best hucker" of the event :sneaky:

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
steen i dont know if you guys relized but there was snow up there in the middle of summer. WHATS THE DEAL WITH THAT. just not fair you get snow in the summer and we cant even get any in the winter. ohh well awsome pics :thumb:

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
dude the guy on the scream is running hookworms!!!!!!!!

edit:on closer inspection im not sure but they do look like a street tire

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Steen Good Legs said:
As allways with your stuff, nice and crispy pics... did you enjoy your time in Åre- Rog :mumble: :D
Photoshop! I love photoshop!

Had a little crash in the beginning of the festival week, so I was a little bummed. '
Did get at full day of riding before I went home, though. That was nice! :)

Speaking of cameras. Last weekend in Vånga I tried Mikes new 350D with the new USM kit lens.
Very cool. Definitely go for a USM lens, if you can!

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Thanks for the flash back guys! I've been home for a week now but i can still feel them trails and that nice festival atmosphere.
niko

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Steen Good Legs said:
Niko the Greek- i presume.... :confused:

Yeah, it was nice to be in Åare again, i sure hope they get the Eorochamps for next year :thumb:
I'm that one, son of a gun ;)

Just heard through the grape wine... Åre Bergs Cyklister had a meating where they decided to promote the freeride part and not downhill... If that is true i'm going to "Les Alpes" next year. Hope the don't turn that mountain into a family friendly "disney bikeworld"

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
WHAATT..... Noooooooooooo :confused:

Only promoting freeride, and forgetting the race downhill scene, means that a lot of riders wont show up for next year.... i'm pretty sure there was more racertypes this year, than freeridetypes... either way, you can't cater to one group exclusively, cause no one wants to do "only" one thing in Åre...

I really hope, for the whole of the FR/DH scene in scandinavia, that they will fix the bug, and get it straightened out... an event like a European championship, will do wonders for Åre, as a summer vacation destination, for the future of ÅMM, and for the whole bikepark idea!

- Yeah, and no DHisney Park for me either, more designated tracks down the mountain from Hummelstugan will do just fine for me, and some biiig jumps at the expo area, that can be used for winteractivities, best of both worlds :thumb:

See you Niko ;)