Quantcast

Pics from Sunday's clinic

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
One of the local Dhers gave a skills clinic in which me and my son were supposed to participate. A friend showed up without a bike and I loaned him mine while I took pics.

He covered jumps, balance, manuals and steep decends; the area was more XC than DH but for the kids participating was good enough.

My son doesn't have the strenght to lift the bike on the jumps or manuals, any suggestions on how to deal with that?

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
That will most likely come with time and practice.

P.S.: put some of that nice weather in a box and send it to me.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
My son doesn't have the strenght to lift the bike on the jumps or manuals, any suggestions on how to deal with that?
it's less about lifting up the front end and more about just pushing the bike out and getting over the back end to keep the front end up. it looks like that bike may be a little big for your son(if that's him on the norco), so it will also get easier as he grows into it.

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
it looks like that bike may be a little big for your son(if that's him on the norco), so it will also get easier as he grows into it.
That's him, the bike is heavier than my Gemini and that's why I keep telling him that eventually he'll be able to jump and do manuals but he gets frustrated when fails to do so.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
like stated above, tell him hi has to use his body weight, not just armpower. You should tell him to pull with all his body as if he were to sit on the backwheel and as he does this he shoudl stretch his legs, I think that should help

Apr 16, 2005
Charlotte, NC
hey dirt devil! this is sebastian.
give me a call or keep me updated on these events and practice.
i dont know why my user name isn't working on cmtbpr but give me a call to ride sometime (704)7799079.
take care

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
it's less about lifting up the front end and more about just pushing the bike out and getting over the back end to keep the front end up. it looks like that bike may be a little big for your son(if that's him on the norco), so it will also get easier as he grows into it.
What ^^ said. Unless the bike weighs more than your kid this should work.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
manuals are done with your legs not your arms. yes your arms have a part in it but the major roll is done with the legs. tell him to lean back more and to push the bike down should help him get the front wheel up.

nice shots though man looks like they all had a killer time.:clapping:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country

I had a setup like that; Gary Fisher level betty with that fork. The frame is now cracked in three places and the fork is really messed up.

Cool pics. They are overcontrasted though. Is your monitor calibrated in some way? Maybe that's the look you were going for?

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
hey dirt devil! this is sebastian.
give me a call or keep me updated on these events and practice.
i dont know why my user name isn't working on cmtbpr but give me a call to ride sometime (704)7799079.
take care
You have to register again, the forum crashed not so long ago and all the data was lost.

Email me, dirt.devil.66 at gmail dot com, there's another one coming up but this one will be invitation only.

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
They are overcontrasted though. Is your monitor calibrated in some way? Maybe that's the look you were going for?
I'm having computer problems at home and have to borrow one of my kids laptops to work with the pics. Seems that when I change computers the colors change.