Quantcast

Pics of Chase, Mccaul and co. At rays this weekend

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Spent the weekend riding Rays indoor mtb park, a bunch of the big guns were there...Chase, Lenosky, Ebbet, McCaul...Those guys were awesome to ride around with, everytime i turned my head there was something big getting thrown down.

Lenosky 3'd the big drop in the expert section then stepped up from the landing to the top of the 5 ft drop :angry:

Chase and Mccaul were going nuts in the park...

Here are a couple of my pics that are up on the match site.

enjoy

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
that place looks quite different w/ some paint & corporate sponsorship.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yeah it is totally dif than i was last year, way more pro now. The lines in the park are smooth and flow real well, that skate park adds a ton as well, it is really cool to see how far it has come since this time last year. They even have bling sram parts in the case now...

X.0 Shifters :drool:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
here's a question: should I take my DH bike or my dj hardtail? looks to me like the hardtail would by far be the best, but what are the stunts like?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...yeah - my aunt lives in Akron, so I'm DEFINITELY taking a trip out there from PSU.:thumb:

...I'd probably go with a hardtail - and a full-face...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I can try to answer a bunch of these questions:

-Subaru, Moen(yes the faucet people) and Red bull are the sponsors painted everywhere. There are bike company sponsors as well such as the Fisher (pump track) and all the companies that supply demo bikes.

-The type of bike you should ride is def a hard tail, a real good friend of mine brought his dh bike yesterday and had a real hard time carrying speed through the jump sections, everything there is best done on a hard tail. A skate helmet is all you need, its hot in there right now, and you might die with a ff

-They do let 20" riders in but i think it is certain nights during the week. I would call up and ask Ray he is a super cool guy.

-As far as a contest it looks like there will be one in Feb. Last year the king or rhythm was cool, but this year they have the skate park, should bring in allot more people.

Hope this helps

-Bill

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mtnbrider said:
Watch the video there, its so cool, you can see everything as opposed to pictures. raysmtb.com

I might have to take a roadtrip there in a few years.
I havent watched the video in a while, but if it is the one im thinking of it is very old, and the park isnt anything like it was in that video...if you went last year, and like it, you will love it this year...

I have a TON more pics that I will try to post later. Those were just the ones Aaron Lutze put on the match site. It was a tough struggle all day to shoot those guys riding, ride myself, and fix my broken bike :think: