Quantcast

Pics of my trail.

Jan 29, 2003
Bethesda/Potomac MD
I have been building here for a while now, and I think everything is shaping up pretty well. It's hard to do everything by yourself, so hopefully some of these photos will motivate you guys to maybe...come and help? I am sorry for the bad quality etc. but if you are interested in helping out...send me an email and I can give you the high res ones. I am sure some of you recognize some of this stuff because I am building over an old trail...I built everything with the exception of that bowl. Email me at jfk1700@aol.com for directions, if any of you know where this is, I would appreciate it if you didn't post directions. Thanks.

Attachments

Jan 29, 2003
Bethesda/Potomac MD
There are a bunch of pics, I guess I don't really know how to work this attachment thing. Sorry.
--> These are some pictures of side trails off the main trail. As you can see there are a few small rollers etc. The bottom pic is of the dirt jumps I am starting to build.

Attachments

Jan 29, 2003
Bethesda/Potomac MD
There are only two ladder drops in place as of now, the one with the orange wheelbarrow below it is about 6 ft high...and it gaps the main trail where the dirtjumps are. The smaller drop, the third pic to the right, is well..small, but I plan on making more ladders and stunts going up to this steep part of the trail where that drop is shown. At the bottom, as you can see, I am starting to gather up wood to begin some more construction.

Attachments

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
Looks like it has some nice potential - email sent :)

Now my PrestonFR needs to come in so I can get it built up and on the trails :)

Jan 29, 2003
Bethesda/Potomac MD
haha yeah it definately can, unfortunately I learned that lesson the hard way a couple years ago. I bought some grip tape for it, the stuff you put on decks, so hopefully that will fix the problem.

bikerdave189

Chimp
Feb 28, 2006
Charleston, SC
Bullitrider13 said:
haha yeah it definately can, unfortunately I learned that lesson the hard way a couple years ago. I bought some grip tape for it, the stuff you put on decks, so hopefully that will fix the problem.
yeah, thats a good save for a death trap! now its a.. umm fun trap, or something like that.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Let me show you the wonders of PT 4X4's and some deck lumber. If traction is really that much of an issue, staple some chicken wire on the deck, or use some paint with a bit of sand mixed in. Deck tape isn't no trick, do no boombacla good in da rain braddah.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
You know I am drunk when I start speaking P'geon.

I built stuff down in New Orleans, and you had to come prepared for rain. In my opinion the best option, and the cheapest, is to do the paint with the sand in it. You just have to have a few dry days to pull it off.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
hey i live in Bethesda and was wondering where these trails were i would love to help build. PLEASE send me directions!

THANKS