Quantcast

Pic's of Snowshoe Mtn. Cross Course

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Check em out. This is the layout of the New upper section of the mountain cross course for the NORBA National race here at Snowshoe. Monster Park allowed us to use a great deal of the existing bowls and walls as berms and other features. The weather was poor when I took the pics so the depth perception and outline is hard to see. I tried drawing the course rider direction to help people see what is there. I hope it helps some. We are looking forward to testing the course out possibly the end of next week. Which means it could quite possibly be open to the public come the 8th of august. Let me know your thoughts...

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
looks nice, can't wait to ride it.
is that a hip jump i see there in pics 3 & 4? that ought to be crashtastic in a race, might wana give the landing a little berm or somthing.
keep up the good/hard work!

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
wow looks like another great course :thumb: I am looking foward to Snowshoe and all the great trails that are available close to home. I will be up there August 10th -14th so if anyone is going up PM me about it.

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Msisle Dad said:
Is this Trev? Will it be as good as last years?.. That was the best course on the Norba circuit...Charles
It is not going to be as gnarly as last years. Taller larger jumps but with rollable amateur friendly gaps. More speed and direction changes which should allow more passing opportunities. Don't worry little Morgan should be happy...I know not to fall short of his standards. How is he by the way? Any racing/riding success this year?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
The course is fun even with huge tracks in it from the machines its fun to ride. The hip will be real crashtastic and itll be grand. I cant wait to race it on my intense tazer

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
T-Pro said:
It is not going to be as gnarly as last years. Taller larger jumps but with rollable amateur friendly gaps. More speed and direction changes which should allow more passing opportunities. Don't worry little Morgan should be happy...I know not to fall short of his standards. How is he by the way? Any racing/riding success this year?
Little Morgan ! he's gonna love that. Sounds like you have some great ideas. Morgan is well and excited to head your way. Are you going to wisp? We may come down to ride your course on the sunday after the wisp mtx. As for success, he finished 5th at SeaOtter in JR X MTX. That was pretty fun
The whole family will attend both the Snowshoe norba and mayhem events.

who is on crutches in the pic? Is that you?

Chas

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Haha Little Morgan, I haven't seen him yet this year. I should be at Wisp race, then that's it for me on the east coast. I'm headed to CU Boulder a few days after that race. Bummed to miss the Snowshoe NCS, but I'll have a good time in CO. Good luck to Morgan. :thumb:

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Msisle Dad said:
Little Morgan ! he's gonna love that. Sounds like you have some great ideas. Morgan is well and excited to head your way. Are you going to wisp? We may come down to ride your course on the sunday after the wisp mtx. As for success, he finished 5th at SeaOtter in JR X MTX. That was pretty fun
The whole family will attend both the Snowshoe norba and mayhem events.

who is on crutches in the pic? Is that you?

Chas
Yeah, I will be at the Wisp for the Racers Edge event. I hope a slalom course is built though the event is scheduled for only one day. I am curious if it will turn out to be a DH only... The guy in the picture is one of our rippers on the trail crew here at Snowshoe. Brad, he blew up his knee at Snowmass the other weekend. He is going to be out of action for a few months possibly, sad to see it happened. He will surely be back riding come next season!

Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Wisp!

Later, Trevyn

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
DHanamal said:
Haha Little Morgan, I haven't seen him yet this year. I should be at Wisp race, then that's it for me on the east coast. I'm headed to CU Boulder a few days after that race. Bummed to miss the Snowshoe NCS, but I'll have a good time in CO. Good luck to Morgan. :thumb:

Jon - congrats on CU... We missed you at Blue Knob. See you at Wisp, Charles

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
T-Pro said:
Yeah, I will be at the Wisp for the Racers Edge event. I hope a slalom course is built though the event is scheduled for only one day. I am curious if it will turn out to be a DH only... The guy in the picture is one of our rippers on the trail crew here at Snowshoe. Brad, he blew up his knee at Snowmass the other weekend. He is going to be out of action for a few months possibly, sad to see it happened. He will surely be back riding come next season!

Later, Trevyn

I'm going to check with Mike today regarding slalom, If there is no slalom, we will just head to SnowShoe to ride mtx.. Chas

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
T-Pro said:

Later, Trevyn

Hey Brad, how bads the knee?

Ralph

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
stoneysnake said:
terrible. tore all 4 ligaments. come up and ride for me. mtnx course is the best i've seen. it's monster x. trevyn, mike and todd have it hooked up
Wow that's tall order from last year's course. Will you need surgery, or have already gotten surgery?

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
The Mini Excavator arrived today... we spent some time dialing in a few of the many berms on the course. As you can see by one of the pic's the profesionalism of our crew is very prevelant. Kalan doing what he does best! With our man Mike at the helm of the machine he has sculpted some amazing works of art, which all of you can ride! So be sure to check it out come next week.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
those berms look awesome! thanks for all the hardwork! Brad hope you have a fast recovery!

Simms

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
summit county Colorado
stoneysnake said:
terrible. tore all 4 ligaments. come up and ride for me. mtnx course is the best i've seen. it's monster x. trevyn, mike and todd have it hooked up
Hey Brad,
Looks like your getting around pretty well! Hope the swelling and pain has eased up. I had a great time with you guys at snowmass! Hope you have a successful recovery and get well soon. I might see you guys sometime in september. :thumb:

Robin

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
wow. that's pretty much all I can say. Brad, I hope your knee heals quick. When I become an orthopedic surgeon, I'm giving discounts to riders. I also want to develop a synthetic material to replace ligaments. No breaks, no tears, no strains...just strong joints.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stoneysnake said:
Damn dude sorry to hear that. Keep medicated!!! works wonders!

What are the docs saying? Surgery? Let me know what they’re telling ya and I’ll bounce it off of Sandy. She does a lot of physical therapy with knee problems.

Course looks fun.....I’d love to ride for you, but a time of 1 hour six minutes may be a little too embarrassing……….:eek: I'd probably break some ribs. :p

:D

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I thought that you guys were going to take down the big drops too. Even though somebody would be stupid to try them without a lander. :rolleyes:

But wow. You guys have done a lot of work on that course since when I was there two days before monster park. (With that Shaums Camp... I feel cool saying that! :rolleyes: )

Craig

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
hey Brad...too bad about hte knee bro. Heal strong and take your time and be patient. I blew my ACL & tore meniscus on both sides so I can relate "somewhat". But you should enjoy the morphine they give you...it's a trip. Let me know when you do your PT. I want to share tales of crying like a small child when trying to make your leg straighten under your own power...fun stuff :thumb:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
bizutch said:
hey Brad...too bad about hte knee bro. Heal strong and take your time and be patient. I blew my ACL & tore meniscus on both sides so I can relate "somewhat". But you should enjoy the morphine they give you...it's a trip. Let me know when you do your PT. I want to share tales of crying like a small child when trying to make your leg straighten under your own power...fun stuff :thumb:
seriously, tearing out that scar tissue is one of the most painful things i've ever done. have fun!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
bizutch said:
see...just like a said...crying like a little girl...the scar tissue didn't hurt me...it was trying to make my muscle work again....crazy hard!

And trust me, the stories of the baby-like crying comes home and is told to spouses throughout the country. :eek:

I find myself un-amused when my spouse “shares” her day, as I have had to bear the brunt of PT.

According to my spouse, PT actually stands for “pain and torture”! :eek:

:help:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
sirknight6 said:
And trust me, the stories of the baby-like crying comes home and is told to spouses throughout the country. :eek:

I find myself un-amused when my spouse “shares” her day, as I have had to bear the brunt of PT.

According to my spouse, PT actually stands for “pain and torture”! :eek:

:help:
got you beat bro...I dated a Rape Crisis Counselor for about half a year...you wanna talk about bearing the brunt of.....now that was truly terrible to listen to when she came home and "purged" her stories.... :eek:

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
drt_jumper said:
So is it still a go for the 8th to be able to practice/ride the course?
If the weather and the event this weekend dont interfere It should be good to go. We spent today on it and pretty much finished the whole new upper section. We will hopefully move to the lower half of the course tomorrow with shaping the berms and touching up some of the other features. I will keep you guys posted...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
bizutch said:
got you beat bro...I dated a Rape Crisis Counselor for about half a year...you wanna talk about bearing the brunt of.....now that was truly terrible to listen to when she came home and "purged" her stories.... :eek:

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
SO how does the course look at the bottom...those backwards berms fixed(not being convex anymore but fixed and concave now?) Is it still a go for Monday?