Quantcast

Pic's of the Folsom MTB park

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
The new Folsom MTB "skills" park we have been building is shaping up nicely , The representative from the city has been very cool and let us make a few changes to the original plans IMBA submitted. Here are some pic's of how the skills park is shaping up .
We will also be building a curved wall-ride and some fun rhythm sections the conect onto the end of the skills park . When the park is finished there has been talk of a demo/ jam session around May 1 to help open the park and let everyone know it's finished !!

I'll try to keep everyone posted on info for the park .

The view from the beginning of the course , to the right is the beginner section , middle is the S turns and to the far left is the advanced section I have been building with the 4in wide double section to start you off :shocked: it also kinks to the right and climbs at at 15 degree angle

This shot was taken looking back at the start .
So the advanced section is on the right in this photo , S turn section again in the middle and the beginner course is to the far left in the photo .

An overhead view at the shinnies , from the upper elevated section.

Here are a few shots of the new extension to the advanced section we built yesterday .

Here's a shot of the new advanced section from above .
The path to the far left in this photo will be the new extension to the S turn course that will flow around the entire park , that section will be a elevated right hand burm/turn into the next section of shinnies .

Here's good shot of the advanced extension , you can see how high it goes up and then back down on the 6-in wide section .
The small skid-mark is mine from the trial run I cleaned it all 2nd try so everything is possible to ride and REALLY fun !!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
no offense, but it kinda looks lame. It's like 2 feet wide, and 8 inches off the ground. ............ohhh ScArY!
It's a city park , better than nothing .

Doss I also have money down that says you cant make it through the advanced section in your first 5 trys :disgust1:

It's starts out on a section that's 4in wide :shocked:

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
looks fun as he11 to me, i'd love to have something like that. after reading all the future plans on mtbr i would really love to come help out and ride!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
How much? We used to have an entire drive way of ladders, and skinnies at my brothers house, so I've got practice, ANNND I have a front brake now.
Yea whatever that doesnt mean Sh!t !!

Right now I got $20 that says you can't make it through the entire advanced section i built in your first 5 trys ! That's $5 a try !!

Posted on the NET for ALL to see , you wanna take me up on this bet DOSS ??

Front brake dont count , I cleaned everything with my single speed SA with one barley working rear brake .

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
dude, if im up there, ill clean it first try, ill put $ on that too, and im broke. im self confidentish kind of. just wait, plus our east coast skinnies are crazzyyyy!!!! we have one you wont clear your first 30 tries at least. ill get pics of it. good work on it hough brad, now go shred your rotors and derailleurs lol