Quantcast

Pic's of the NEW Sacramento skatepark !

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I have herd rumors about a new skatepark being built here in Sacramento , CA and yesterday I located direction and photos on the web of it ... flat out crazy all 40,000 sq feet of it !

It has a 3/4 pipe ..

Conected to a huge bowl

On both sides of the pipe :biggrin:

There's another huge bowl with a cradle too :banana:

A few random objects and shapes that look really fun :clue:

Oh and the two mellow bowls also , this place is going to be nuts !

The best part it's soo big the city hasent figured out a way to keep people out yet and they are talking about making it open with no fences , and every other park in the area is open this way and bike friendly :cheers: good time ahead :biggrin:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
spring raod trip right there
If anyones coming out on road trips this way make sure to hit us up at Nemesis Project cycles on your way through town !!
We should have the new wearhouse all set up by summer and hopefully a pretty nice mini ramp too !!:biggrin:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Christ. The more I look at it the crazier/better it looks. I so wish we had a concrete park around here.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
evil4bc might just have to do that
More than welcome to come hang out , eat my food , sleep on my floor ... jsut dont clog the toilet and were cool ! :rant:

There are a few other really good parks close by as well as Tahoe and Dowineville which are both less than an hours drive from my front door .:happydance:

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Hooooly crap, that's turning out well.

I sent a letter to one of the guys involved with getting it made, a while back. He told me that, as it stood (a few months ago), it wasn't a bike friendly park. I hope that isn't going to be true and the whole open gig you're talking about goes down.

I'll cry like a baby when I get to ride that.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Hooooly crap, that's turning out well.

I sent a letter to one of the guys involved with getting it made, a while back. He told me that, as it stood (a few months ago), it wasn't a bike friendly park. I hope that isn't going to be true and the whole open gig you're talking about goes down.

I'll cry like a baby when I get to ride that.

Jake the park is right off power inn road and 14th .. so not the best neighborhood to begin with , plus the park itself is HUGE and would require a giant fence , along with the park that the skatpark is in is also GIGANTIC as has it's own lake ... so patrolling and fencing this skate-park off is going to be some undertaking on the cities part , and if it's not bike friendly / open the fence WILL get cut and after a year or two they will reluctantly open it up ... this is a worse case scenario .

I have too emailed the city letting them know that at other skatparks such a Rush and Placerville bikes and skateboards co-exsist with out problems .. so no reason this park cant be run on the same level .

If all else fails there also building ANOTHER park the same size closer to downtown ... I'm sure there will be something to ride :disgust:

Oh btw it's totally open right now and not patroled on weekends/after 5:00pm when the construction workers arnt there ... FYI:cheers:

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
That park is right behind the bldg I work in, they're building picket style gating around the park as I type. For a while there before the gate was up they never had security and that's when me and my boy rode it. I seen somewhere, I think on a bmx board, they had a write up on how they were gonna run it. I don't know if it's made up but it was going to be regulated, no bikes, $8 charge and helmets/pads required. It's supposed to be done sometime in Nov.

From what I understand, Rusch, P-Ville and Cameron Park didn't allow bikes at first but since then haven't regulated. Folsom still won't allow bikes, but the kat running the booth said that the Folsom Dj's are supposed to be reconstructed.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
That park is right behind the bldg I work in, they're building picket style gating around the park as I type. For a while there before the gate was up they never had security and that's when me and my boy rode it. I seen somewhere, I think on a bmx board, they had a write up on how they were gonna run it. I don't know if it's made up but it was going to be regulated, no bikes, $8 charge and helmets/pads required. It's supposed to be done sometime in Nov.

From what I understand, Rusch, P-Ville and Cameron Park didn't allow bikes at first but since then haven't regulated. Folsom still won't allow bikes, but the kat running the booth said that the Folsom Dj's are supposed to be reconstructed.

The construction worker guys said that it supposed to open around thanksgiving .

There is NO way that $8 charge is going to stick !

Folsom park even with it's multi billion doller security system can still be ridden during the week between 6:00-8:00 ... they jsut dont care any longer.

So I have a feeling with the overall sze of this park that this type of thinking will follow suite .

Plus the park workers will get sick of repairing that fence every day from ghetto kids with bolt cutters .

It's jsut too much of a temptation ... even if it sits behind the main court house !

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
For once in my life, I'm starting to feel little pangs of regret knowing that I'll be leaving for Santa Cruz come next fall semester!

So yeah. I'm defienntly going to go scout that out saturday evening , if not ride it. I remember hearing some stories on the old skateboard-skatepark website saying that people were getting ticketed, but whatever. Price of admission, right?

You guys think it's safe? I rode folsom a month ago, at night, and ended up hiding in the bowl for fourty five minutes as a cop ran around looking for me. I'd rather not have to do that in broad daylight.

Ohh! I don't want to be a downer, but the park guys do have a lot of patience. The last three times I've been out at Rusch (all within a week), there have been a bunch of guys working a pressure washer. Three days of pressure washing to get rid of a couple feet of graffiti? As long as they're getting paid, I've got a feeling they'll keep closing up those fences.

Not that it'll stop us. 9:

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
LOL, hiding out in the bowl for 45. Sucks but prolly worth it. I thought about poaching the Folsom skatepark, but had bad past experiences with Folsom PD that I don't wanna re~live.

Yea Rusch gets shat on all the time, this morning I went to ride and there was beer cans everywhere. Pissed me off.

You're prolly right Brad, I don't think $8 is going to stick just what I heard. I hope to the all mighty that they'll give it up to the bikes soon. I don't need to get a ticket and don't wanna imagine getting my bike taken from the cops. I know it's going through all your heads, "No cop will take my bike!". I've been arrested too many times thinking like that and it ends up costing more than the bike is worth to fight. Not fun.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I don't need to get a ticket and don't wanna imagine getting my bike taken from the cops. I know it's going through all your heads, "No cop will take my bike!". I've been arrested too many times thinking like that and it ends up costing more than the bike is worth to fight. Not fun.
Yea my thoughts exactly ... I'm getting too old for that S
I worry enough what's going to happen when I get pulled over in the .:R32 let alone on my bike ... I just dont need that kind of stress , rideing my bike is supposed to REALX me :disgust: :cheers:

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
There's this bmx board I hop on and coincidentally they were talking about Granite. Anyways this one guy said his boy got snatched up by the cops for riding and was ticketed for trespassing. $1500 fine.

Sounds excessive, is the fine that much for trespassing. Don't know why the guy would lie about the amount.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Reed, So did you swing by Granite this weekend? Why haven't I seen you at Rusch anymore?

Yea I agree it's wrong not to let bikes ride. There seems to be a larger advocacy group for skaters in Sac County and neighboring counties. We as bikers need to get more active around here. I admit I usually give up and just poach what I can in and around the city. Keeps us on the city's sh!t list though, so it seems like we're going backwards. Not good... :brow: