Quantcast

Pics of Val di Sole track

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Dirtmag has about a 1000 pics up.

Don't see a berm in every corner so looks like that track sucks. :rofl:

Dirtmag, please post up some of the old DirtTV videos from the world champs....

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
Hill definitely adds excitement to the races, but I'm not convinced as others would have you believe that he would be dominating these courses as he did in the past. Just look at Minnaar's results this year on tracks that everyone wrote him off on. This last race however, was one of the most exciting that I've seen in quite some time with the last few riders coming down. I think Hill would have made this a very tight three horse race instead of the two it has turned out to be this year.

If only Blenkinsop could be more consistant on his final runs, as he's had two 1st place qualifiers, then it may be a different story all together. I hope Sam Hill still makes it back for Worlds and the final World Cup this year, but not at the risk of reinjury.

The other rider that I had actually expected to make a run for first this year was Barel. Having him and Hill this year would probably have changed the title race for sure. Hopefully everyone stays healthy for next season and we're all treated to a great show.

JimLad

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
Whistler
Blenky has come back from injury too though, and it seems others are not pushing so hard in quali as in previous years (Gee at least)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Is anyone else bummed that Sam isn't racing this? I've had a lack of excitement these last rounds without him in it... Fan boy flame.
Aye. The races aren't the same without him, never knowing if he's going to bin it or destroy the field (and the track!)

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Aye. The races aren't the same without him, never knowing if he's going to bin it or destroy the field (and the track!)
Agreed. Also bummed that Fabien isn't out there. I'd be just as bummed if Gee, Greg, Blenky, or any other top dog wasn't out there contending.

Last edited: