Quantcast

Picture Theme of the Week (Change)

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I'm in.
Pocket change was the first thing to come to mind for me...
Then it kinda snowballed from there.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
D*MN....that is one of the best shots I've seen EVER!!!! Awesome job highrevs!!! Mind if I download it and print it to put in my cubicle?

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Mind if I download it and print it to put in my cubicle?
If you can wait till lunch I’ll email you a high-res version. This one posted prolly won’t print so well.

Thanks for the props guys. I shot this last night after picking up a couple of new (to me) JTL studio lights. I used one light, some white cardboard and a little patience.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
These are some awesome pictures!

Here is my offer, since I don't have any photograpy skillz: If the person who is declared "winner" for the week emails me a hi-res of their photo, I will print it on a $400,000 digital color press on some high quality paper and mail it to them.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Nice offer Echo!!!

I didn't intend for this to be a competition...but more of an inspiring challenge. But if we MUST compete (I guess it's a testosterone thing) than that would be an awesome "prize". :cupidarrow:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Nice offer Echo!!!

I didn't intend for this to be a competition...but more of an inspiring challenge. But if we MUST compete (I guess it's a testosterone thing) than that would be an awesome "prize". :cupidarrow:
Good point, doesn't need to be a competition. I just don't wanna get killed with postage costs by offering to do it for everyone.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I got bogged down in crap last night... so this is the best I could do here in my office. I need a better backdrop, but...

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
I got bogged down in crap last night... so this is the best I could do here in my office. I need a better backdrop, but...

Hey Jacksonpt...sorry for what you're going through. But chin up...you got a nice photo out of it!! :biggrin:

Just remember...change is always good, even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment.!! :cupidarrow:

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
While we're at it...we need to pick a new theme for next Friday's "exposure". :cupidarrow:

PM me and I'll start keeping a list of words. Maybe we can do a poll for everyone to pick the next theme? Any other ideas on how to organize the new theme word?

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
A poll could work for selecting the winner. Let people pick their top 3 and the cream will rise to the top.
Like it...maybe we'll set the weekend for the new theme picking day. That way it will give those that can't post until tonight a chance. Then we can have the weekend to vote and have the "winner" pick the theme. Just means that we have less days to shoot the new shot. ???

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Too busy to participate this week, perhaps other weeks I will give it a shot... but I think the voting and "winner" deal might damage what is otherwise just a weekly contribution thread.

The offer to have it printed is cool, of course, but if people feel they're being judged or compared, it might limit the amount of contributions. Personally, when viewing the thread, I'd rather see 25 "okay" pictures that are varying takes on a theme than a half dozen really great photos, especially since the really great ones will be posted anyway.

jackson, yours takes it for me. Sorry it took a sad event to inspire a photo like that.