Quantcast

PICTURE TIME: Post your DH rig

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Originally posted by bomberz1qr20
It's the same pic, with the SAME FILE NAME EVEN, Lopes doesn't give Yeti the credit for the pic....

From Yeti's site:

From Lopes' site:

thanks bomber...

I emailed stik about it a couple months ago... Never got an email back... oh well.

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
MUAHAHAHA, ill make fun of you for something cory. I will you just wait and see. want to ride someplace that you walked at before.....Im gonna go down there on thursday I hope.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dang it, I'm getting jealous here guys. I've got a cheapo digital still is all of my DHR and all these high quality images are driving me nuts.

Hey Yeti, Stikman was whining over on hcor.net earlier this week in the 04 SGS DH thread...go take some shots at him if you're bored over there:D

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Originally posted by DHracer1067
what bar end caps rule. ahha. is it real or just made up by you. never heard of it.
it is real.
i was DQed 1990 UCI world junior XC.
actually i had those control tech wedge bar ends that went into the bar. tehy had a 1/2 open area to ge tto the hex bolt to tighten them. that was " no bar end plug". DQed.
all this was after i went through the uci bike check.

venting sorry:mad: :angry: still pissed.

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by slcpunk21
hey if you wanted to get that to show up on here instead of just a link just click on the IMG button in the reply window and insert the hyper link to it, and walla you have it in your reply :D
Pinkbike doesn't allow doing that.

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002

This is my DH rig. I have dangerboycnc.com plates on the way (as well as an atomlab 24 inch rear wheel to get the full 7 inches)and plans to put a boxxer or jnr t on it sometime over the summer (in Australia).

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
well not the nicest rig, but one of a kind Stinky with custom 8" travel plates (with 8.75" shock). The proto-platess are shown but have been since updated with a cooler looking version, as well as other part changes.

this is the test bike i designed and have been building; the front end should be completed this week if everything goes smooth:) . Heres whats been completed already (although some mods have been made post-pic)

and heres what the completed project should look like

just about anything can be modified on it. Hope it holds for at least one run...

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by blong
yo zedro, that's impressive. where'd you do the CNCing?
that was done at school (Concordia University) where is was an undergrad project. Theres a mixed bag of 5-axis, 3.5-axis and manual milling centers, as well as some CNC lathe work. The 5-axis used a custom post-processor from CatiaV5 for the coding, and since it was designed using Catia models, my parts were used to 'proof' the whole system. They've since cut me off, otherwise it woulda been finished months ago :mad:

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
My 2002 RFX...in XC-mode right now.
For dh'ing I have Highrollers and a Evil chainguide

Sorry about the crappy indoor pic, but we have close_to_freezing temps right now!

Jorgen

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
I think that bike gives my Rotec a run for its money in the "Long Bike" dept :thumb: :) nice rig!
that is one sick fast bike.. just point it and go (over anything)... just don t try and pick up the front wheel tho'.... i tried and it s IMPOSSIBLE

the middleburns are more tempting than ever martin

partsbara

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
cranks, saddle and obviously the BB were changed . with this it lost nearly 3lbs. still heavy though: 22kg/48.5 lbs

Rhino:
how long is your rotec?
my canfield has a wheelbase of about 1205mm
and it IS long

paul when you are interested in middleburn cranks shoot me a PM i can get you a good deal on them! :devil:
na forget it the avalanche is way more important

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by UiUiUiUi
cranks, saddle and obviously the BB were changed . with this it lost nearly 3lbs. still heavy though: 22kg/48.5 lbs

Rhino:
how long is your rotec?
my canfield has a wheelbase of about 1205mm
and it IS long
It has been a long time since I measured it......I think it is like 48 or so inches or about 1219mm. It has longish chainstays but really long TT. The TT is 25-26" or 635 or 660mm for comparison.

The 2003 and newer rotec lost around 2 or 3 inches in WB and most was taken with the TT being shortened.

I tried searching for my measurements on RM but couldn't find them....:( I will have to measure again. :D I like the long feel of my bike. I prefer to be inbetween and feel like I am inside my wheels where I start to feel like I am on top of shorter TT bikes. it is personal preference I guess.