Quantcast

PICTURE TIME: Post your DH rig

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's wicked nice. I am doing the same flames on my truck this fall once the sheet metal is all done. That looks great!

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
sweet rides

STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKYSTICKY STICKY STICKY!

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
That's a pretty stealthy looking Foes. You just need to put some soft all black rubber on there and it will be nearly invisible at dusk. :cool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Here's my Trail/FR/DH bike.

2002 Cheeta Prowler with 2002 WB DH2 fork and assorted bits of used parts.

Most of the parts on the bike were acquired from fellow Monkeys! :D

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Hey Punkassean!

That's a sweet Stinky! How do you like the Swinger and Sherman combo? i've considered putting a 5th Element or Swinger my on Stinky. Currently have a Fox RC with their Big Hit Valving upgrade and it's a nice ride.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
yeah dude, it's rad...I have spent a while "tuning" the fork and shock but now I think I have found a happy medium between "platform" and "plushness". I ended up with a 500# spring and just over the min. air pressure in the SPV chamber with the chamber dialed in only about 1.5 turns max. I think I have the the high speed compression about half way in (closed), it has a check-valve so it will open up no matter what on a hard hit. And I run the low speed all the way out (open) for small bump sensitivity. As far as the fork, I also run low pressure (just enough to prevent bottoming) and about 1 or less turns in on the chamber. Set up this way, I don't really have a noticeable "platform" but the overall suspension feel is really nice, plush and active. I am thinking of dropping to a 450# spring for the rear shock (I weigh 148#) and running more air pressure in the SPV chamber to get a platform feel and a more progressive (due to more air pressure) rate. I promised you a wrap up once I was done...well that's about where I sit... it took me long enough!!!