Quantcast

Pictures of my R9 back from powdercoat.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Good eye! I've had an RCS Ti spring in my hand before that was the same size, and honestly, it felt significantly heavier compared to the manitou Ti. Has anyone else found this to be case too?
The Manatou has less coils so it might be slightly lighter.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I did every bolt on the bike except for the pivot bolts. (I did pivot nuts though) It ended up saving a hair over 100g, or roughly 1/4lb off the total weight of the bike. Honestly, I won't be doing it again next year :rofl: I tend to run the same brand/model parts each season, so I figured the hardware could be tranferred for year to year.
what'd it cost you. or rather what would it cost if u weren't sponsored?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
What is the weight of the complete bike including pedals?
Hair over 39 according to shop scale. Weight should drop a fair ammount with my I9's and stan's. Pretty reasonable considering the build isn't questionable in the durability department.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
dude get some fr 2350 instead of the i9! that would be hot! except the i9 would save you 200 grams

jenson usa has the fr 2350 for cheap for the front 20mm and the rear 12 by 150
Sparky rides for me. We are sponsored by I9. The DT's are real nice wheels though. (and the R9 is 12x135)

Red grips? Apply for an ODI sponsorship. Simple, and a real nice pricing.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Sparky rides for me. We are sponsored by I9. The DT's are real nice wheels though. (and the R9 is 12x135)

Red grips? Apply for an ODI sponsorship. Simple, and a real nice pricing.
I'm not your b****! :-D

I'm more into the I9's on EX721's than the 2350 wheelset. Nice looking wheels, but I'm already 8 dents into my 6.1D's, and I really don't like relacing wheels every weekend. I just picked this current wheelset up for the 440 hubs, and as soon as I total the 6.1's I'm lacing them to 729's for my mount snow wheels. :thumb:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
looks good and all, but are you guys going to get some decent jerseys this year? can't be sporting those low rent threads from last year with a sweet looking bike like that. :cheers:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
looks good and all, but are you guys going to get some decent jerseys this year? can't be sporting those low rent threads from last year with a sweet looking bike like that. :cheers:
Mickey will have to answer that one! I've been going to modeling school, so I should be able to pull off just about anything. However, the word "skinsuits" did slip out of his mouth....:shocked:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Mickey will have to answer that one! I've been going to modeling school, so I should be able to pull off just about anything. However, the word "skinsuits" did slip out of his mouth....:shocked:

if that's the case, then it's probably not the only thing slipping in and out of his mouth lately:shocked: