Quantcast

Pike Problem

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Just took my pikes apart for a service. All internal parts appeared fine. However I lost the little ball bearing and springs that sits in the U-turn adjuster. Now the fork does not feel right, the spring side is making a clicking sound when compressed and they feel horrible, no plushness. The U turn still works. I'm guessing the little ball bearings and springs are important, what do they do?

lockstock

Monkey
Mar 6, 2007
i think they are there to stop the u-turn from self adjusting the travel.
the sound is probably the spring hitting the stanchion walls, check that the spring is seated properly.

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
i think they are there to stop the u-turn from self adjusting the travel.
the sound is probably the spring hitting the stanchion walls, check that the spring is seated properly.
Ok that makes sense. I'll check the spring. I'm wondering why their feeling crap, like no sag or plushness, they compress and the rebound works. Are you mean't to set the motion control or damper unit a certain way when you put the oil back in like you do on the boxxer?

lockstock

Monkey
Mar 6, 2007
Not sure on that, but it would make sense to have the compression circuit wide open.
check one of the BOXXER threads on here for more info on how to set the motion control.

check the spring first, it could be the cause of most of your issues.

good luck