Quantcast

Pin Number Reversal

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
A good piece of information to share...if you didn't know already:

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse.

For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321. The ATM recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine.

The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

This information was recently broadcasted on TV and it states that it is seldom used because people don't know it exists.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
This would never work anyway. Can you imagine trying to calmly figure out your PIN in reverse with someone pointing a gun at you? And then type it in like you've done it 1000 times before? Without looking like you were thinking about it? Sorry but this a really bad idea. Snopes is blocked here at work but I would guess they debunked it similarly.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This would never work anyway. Can you imagine trying to calmly figure out your PIN in reverse with someone pointing a gun at you? And then type it in like you've done it 1000 times before? Without looking like you were thinking about it? Sorry but this a really bad idea. Snopes is blocked here at work but I would guess they debunked it similarly.
Yep.

I'm just imagining some poor dyslexic guy calmly punching in his PIN, being pretty used to getting the PIN rejected because he screwed it up. It accepts it, he's happy, takes his cash, and surrounded by police cars four minutes later :p

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
you monkeys suck!!! and not in the good way
Pay attention here - this is a very useful peice of information that people like you ignore all the time:

EVERY TIME YOU GET AN EMAIL THAT SAYS TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT IT, it's CRAP.

If you REALLY REALLY REALLY feel the need to forward it to your entire address book or post it all over the internet, at the very least have the decency to check it against snopes first.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Pay attention here this is a very useful peice of information that people like you ignore all the time:

EVERY TIME YOU GET AN EMAIL THAT SAYS TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT IT, it's CRAP.

If you REALLY REALLY REALLY feel the need to forward it to your entire address book or post it all over the internet, at the very least have the decency to check it against snopes first.
i don't waste my friend's time with useless info like this. that's what you monkeys are for. :happydance:

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
You should have stayed at Al's benefit longer, a beer with you would have been an experience to remember I'm sure :p

HA!!! I thought you were a no show! I was lookin forward to meeting you. Would have drank you under the table for sure. :brows: Besides...how much longer could i have stayed? I was there till the wee hours of the night...i think. :huh:

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
hey! i though you'd appreciate that.... or would the lazy "b. h." have been better?

:brows:

i just miss the way you used to tease me with smilies. you've been slackin off big time since you dragged me over to the other side. :brow: :brows: (which i might add has been BORING as of lately...you need to stir the pot up a bit) :cupidarrow: :biggrin:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
HA!!! I thought you were a no show! I was lookin forward to meeting you. Would have drank you under the table for sure. :brows: Besides...how much longer could i have stayed? I was there till the wee hours of the night...i think. :huh:
I got there about 11, you and milky and everyone else were already gone... only amish and his woman were left. And pretty much anyone can drink me under the table :(

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
I got there about 11, you and milky and everyone else were already gone... only amish and his woman were left. And pretty much anyone can drink me under the table :(
that's too bad...were we really gone by 11...sh!t...I thought it was much later than that...but alcohol does that to ya...it is all a fog... well not ALL of it. :brows: I had heard you were gonna be there and was really hoping to meet you. It certainly was a great time!!! I loved it there...and Alex was great!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Too bad I was out of town for Al's benefit, as said before a real life encounter with female N8 could probably provide you with some interesting stories:crazy:

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Too bad I was out of town for Al's benefit, as said before a real life encounter with female N8 could probably provide you with some interesting stories:crazy:
Perhaps an "Alex is Better - Let's Celebrate" benefit is in order? :busted:

Of course...Milky is in CA...so who would rise to the occassion of keeping my girlfriend and I entertained?