Quantcast

pinches and tyres

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
at the moment im running a 2.35 intense tyre and am amazed about how pinchproof it is, now thats all good so far but heres the problem.
the treads a bit bald on the intense and i have come by a hutchinson octopus team DH jobbie in soft compound and was wonder wether it would be as pinchproof as the intense. does anyone have any experience with these tyres before i potentially pinch half a dozen tubes?
cheers

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
well, nothing in the world is as pinch-resistant as the Intense heavy sidewalls; they have a lighter "normal" dh sidewall which I imagine you don't have....

The short answer is, no. But it probably weighs at least a pound less....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
nothing can touch the pinch resistance of an intense DH tire. 4 ply sidewalls for all! I ran a set at 8 and 12 psi front and rear..and no pinch flats..

Problem is they weigh a friggin metric ton.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Originally posted by Transcend
nothing can touch the pinch resistance of an intense DH tire. 4 ply sidewalls for all! I ran a set at 8 and 12 psi front and rear..and no pinch flats..

Problem is they weigh a friggin metric ton.
i think a Kujo DH will be up ther with the intenses in pich resistance,
but also they weight a ton

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by RaID
i think a Kujo DH will be up ther with the intenses in pich resistance,
but also they weight a ton
naw, i destroyed kujos and missiles back in the day and i only weigh like a buck 20 then.

Intense tires are where it's at for pinch resistance. Or boat anchors.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
naw, i destroyed kujos and missiles back in the day and i only weigh like a buck 20 then.

I have to agreee...once I got off of IRC tires I stopped pinch-flatting altogether...D

RaID

Turbo Monkey

thats surprising, i used those tire for over 3yrs overall and never got a pinch at very low pressures 10psi, the rim flat spotted and was repeatadly hit, but no flats

doesnt really matter every ones has different experiences with products