Quantcast

Pink Floyd!!!

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
I just got to watch something I thought I would never get to see without the use of a time machine. I got to see Roger Waters, David Gilmore, Nick Mason and Richard Wright play together for the first time in who know how many years. The Live 8 concert is on tv all day today and some great bands have played, but this was truly unbelievable. Pink Floyd is my favorite band of all time, so to see them all back together was really cool. I know Zark is an uber Floyd fan like me; hope you got to watch it too man. :thumb:

silly_rabbit

Chimp
Jun 28, 2005
Jmight.. said:
I must be too young for them but I've always thought their music is pure crap.
What do you think your talking about. Pink Floyd is definetly one of the greatest bands ever. I think you're CRAZY.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Jmight.. said:
I must be too young for them
Too young? I'm only 19. Nobody is too young or old to enjoy the genious that is Pink Floyd.

Westy said:
I want to see Sid Barrett up there with them.
As awsome as that would be, I doubt you will ever see Sid out on stage ever again, which is a sad situation.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Jmight.. said:
I would hope that you're kidding. Pink Floyd's music isn't just played, it's orchestrated. Their music is a labor of their love for music, and it shows. Similar in fassion to Led Zeppelin and Tool, Pink Floyd treats each song as it's own creation and even if the music isn't to your taste, you should respect the art. As for being too young, good music does not age; I'm only 20 for gooness sake but Tchaikovsky still holds a certain place in my heart.

MikeOK

Monkey
Nov 29, 2002
twelve
I grew up listening to PF, now my teenage kids listen to them too. Timeless music, but can also be an acquired taste.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
chicodude01 said:
I'm going to have to agree with you here.

Is this any suprise? You dont like TOOL either. :stosh:

I like the Pink Floyd Jerseys, we have a few in our shop and lots of people really like them.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
mack said:
Is this any suprise? You dont like TOOL either. :stosh:

I like the Pink Floyd Jerseys, we have a few in our shop and lots of people really like them.

Tool sucks too.

So does led zepplin.
So does black sabbath.
And so on
And so on
And so on

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
chicodude01 said:
Tool sucks too.

So does led zepplin.
So does black sabbath.
And so on
And so on
And so on
So what DO you like?
mxpx? greenday? yellowcard? good charlotte? :p

;)

I was pissed I missed it on Live but caught it when ABC aired it later. :) Pink Floyd, while sometimes overplayed in the radio (Another Brick in the Wall) are an amazing band that is definitely one of my favorites. :) I obviously am not too young for it since well I'm only 16. :p

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
COmtbiker12 said:
So what DO you like?
mxpx? greenday? yellowcard? good charlotte? :p

;)

I was pissed I missed it on Live but caught it when ABC aired it later. :) Pink Floyd, while sometimes overplayed in the radio (Another Brick in the Wall) are an amazing band that is definitely one of my favorites. :) I obviously am not too young for it since well I'm only 16. :p
mxpx used to be good, waaaay back in the day, and feel free to rag on yellowcard and good charolette. But I'm not sure why you're flaming Greenday; they're on my list of bands that have done so much to define modern music that they can no longer sell out.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
kinghami3 said:
mxpx used to be good, waaaay back in the day, and feel free to rag on yellowcard and good charolette. But I'm not sure why you're flaming Greenday; they're on my list of bands that have done so much to define modern music that they can no longer sell out.
I like their older stuff and I'm not trying to rag on them, I just couldn't think of another modernday punk band. :p

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
chicodude01 said:
Mxpx did used to be good. Their new CD ain't bad, but I wouldn't spend the money to get it.

Good bands.

Smoke or Fire
Hot water music
The lawrence arms
Nekromatix

Anything but old hippy music. :)
I haven't heard their new CD. I heard Weezer's new one about a month before it came out and just about gagged. Nothing like the Blue album. For the most part I've lost contact with the new music scene and have been sticking to indie and older rock and alternative.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
COmtbiker12 said:
I like their older stuff and I'm not trying to rag on them, I just couldn't think of another modernday punk band. :p
I have no problems with you ragging on them, they ARE a modern day punk band.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Floyd sounded AMAZING!!! (although "Breath" was a little rocky to start).
David Gilmour is a guitar god and simply rocked it! The vocals were a bit scratchy, but I'll chock it up to emotion. This IS the first time they've played together since 1981!!! All together though, they looked like they were having a great time up there!! Honestly, it was pretty wild just seeing Gilmour and Waters on the same stage, let alone playing together!! I'm a HUGE Pink Floyd fan, and have seen thim a couple times. I can only hope that maybe ::crossing fingers:: this could lead to a tour in '06!!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Pink Floyd IS the greatest band of all time. Live 8 was a success if for nothing more than making the impossible possible in have Waters and Gilmour play together again. Gilmour did however look like Darth Vader without a mask on.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
chicodude01 said:
Wrong again hippy.
Seeing that your out numbered, why don't you leave this thread alone. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if you just let the people that like Pink Floyd talk about them, we could probably avoid some stupid argument.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
Jmight.. said:

huuuhhhhh!!!!! you must be shunned.
just kidding, your music choices are cool, but i love pink floyd. they do such creative stuff in their music, though some of the noises bug me. but they are great musicians and it pissed be off when they used a remade version of "Money" in The Italian Job.