Quantcast

pisgah 6 pack rides

Feb 4, 2008
just wondering if anyone else out there wants to do some low key super d type races out in pisgah. very informal, entry fee would be a 6 pack of beer. they would be held on the weekdays at a location kept secret till the day of the event. i'm thinking a certain amount of time to get up the hill, then people would start down at a predetermined time so finish time could be calculated. these would be strictly fun only events and all final decisions would be made by the participants. there would only be a certain amount of participants allowed for an event and once that limit is reached through preregistering via email then entry would be closed and everyone would be notified by email of the events location. Now i know there are flaws in this plan, but the way it is designed to work is that the participants would set up and establish the ground rules and would rely on themselves to make sure they are followed. let me know what you think with any suggestions, comments, or ideas. thanks

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
It sounds like you're doing your best to avoid a use permit from the USFS. :D

Sounds good. Let me know if it works. I did an informal Super D at Wayehuta last year. After a trial run, everyone was like "I'm a little freaked out to race this thing wide open for that long" So we just did one epic train down the mountain for 30 minutes or so. Good...good times.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Sounds fun, something i've wanted to do for a long time, however, definitely keep any sortof alcohol out of the forest though, the forest service will bust you in no time with that and you'll be looking at some nasty fines. I know more than a few people that have gotten tickets for drinking in pisgah in the past year or two.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I was just thinking about this as I was riding up Black Mt. this past Sat. I think it would be fun and weed out the guys that wouldn't ride or push to the top. Instead of Beer just have a $10 fee that goes to the guys that do the timing for us. Winner just gets bragging rights.

Feb 4, 2008
thanks for the feedback guys. keeping alcohol out of the situation is probably the best idea. i will let you know that it has changed from an "event" to just a "ride" for legal purposes. it just needs to be unorganized as possible if something does happen so that no one gets in any trouble. my main concern is that we would get turned in and everyone would get into trouble, so that is why when it does go down it will be very secretive. depending on feedback it will probably be happening within the next 2 weeks. once again thanks for the interest