Quantcast

Pisgah gate schedule?

I know that there is a schedule somewhere that outlines the open and closed status of the gates in Pisgah. Could someone tell me where this info can be found.

Gates of particular interest are Chestnut Mountain Rd. in Wilsons and Curtis Creek Rd. from Old Fort to the Parkway. That one was closed this week end.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Chestnut closed a few weeks ago. Only open around hunting season. And a few weeks ago went to ride Heartbreak and the Curtis Creek gate was closed, had to go all the way around on HWY 80.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the last time i was up curtis creek road it had been closed for a looong time becuase of a very severe washout at a bridge over the upper creek due to the hurricane a few years back. upper curtis creek had cut a gorge about a hundred yards across taking out trees bridges and the road. dont know if that is still the case or not. been a while since i have been up there.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
It's been open since then but was closed again last time we tried going up that way. Would be nice if there was a sign at the turn off from 70 staiting if it was closed er not.

Yeah, Me and a buddy rode Heartbreak 6-8 weeks ago and it was open then. This weekend I was on the Parkway with the wife and daughter to do some camping and pulled in there and found the gate closed. That would have been a pain in the arse had I been there to shuttle HB.

Wow! I figured it was something like that. Curtis Creek is a 35-40 min. shuttle.

Oh yeah! We saw a big black bear on the Parkway about 2 miles north of Curtis Creek. It just ran in front of us down the road for about a 100 feet before darting into the woods. We were about 30 ft behind it checking it out. My wife almost got the camera out in time to get a pic but it wasn't meant to be.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
oh ok, we've always just left the bottom car at the bottom of beehive and pedaled back over the saddle and then up to beehive after raiders, makes sense though i guess if you have a driver.

bandit350

Chimp
Aug 28, 2008
what happened to the area that was closed off due to the dude making explosives and homemade ammo? is that section good to go? from what i remember they were going to do a controlled burn but had to wait to ensure no random bullets were left behind.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
what happened to the area that was closed off due to the dude making explosives and homemade ammo? is that section good to go? from what i remember they were going to do a controlled burn but had to wait to ensure no random bullets were left behind.

They just installed gates at either end of 1206, yellow gap rd. Apparently too many folks were still going in the area even with the signage. Guess this means that whole area is closed until the controlled burn goes down.