Quantcast

Pisgah shuttleage pictures from today

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Today we went up to Pisgah natl forest for some shuttle action. It was tons of fun to be on my DH bike again. Lots of ridemonkey people present: Me, James, Vince (insanep2rider), Biggins, Eric (me89).

I had vince snap this of our shuttle vehicle. We crammed in there. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Some tight rock sections, I love this trail.

Biggins riding a switchback, this is one of the more tech spots on the trail, I haven't found an angle that shows it. I really like stuff like this though.

And lastly, a picture of carl railing on the lower, faster sections.

Thats it, we don't have school tomorrow, so I might ride again then.

SilentBiker

Chimp
Jul 7, 2004
Asheville, NC
Wow... T-pirate those pictures came out great! I'm definitely going to print out that last picture of me. That was some great riding. Thanks for coming out.

-Carl

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
It's funny, I've never had a picture in my mind of Biggins actually riding a bike. Except maybe to chase booty around. :D

Looks like fun stuff. Nothing like a dangerously overloaded shuttle truck!

Mike

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
T-Pirate said:
You've ridden it. Bennet Gap, we did most of the runs the fast way though, take a left instead of doing the little climbs. We did that the last run though.
you are always doing that arent you. you shoulda gone and did pilot rock or whatever its called.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
cool looks like chunky rocky goodness.

We did a ride today with alot of PNW monkies that's similiar, but we climbed on our bikessssssssss!!!!#$!@#@

When you climb to the very top you can get a good view of Seattle across the Puget Sound.

Here's an old pic of what the view looks like....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I should have come out and ridden with you guys instead of watching the Bears get their asses stomped again. Dam.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Dartman said:
It's funny, I've never had a picture in my mind of Biggins actually riding a bike. Except maybe to chase booty around. :D

Looks like fun stuff. Nothing like a dangerously overloaded shuttle truck!

Mike

i ride a lot now that the arm is lettin me to an extent

SilentBiker

Chimp
Jul 7, 2004
Asheville, NC
The pumkin on my truck was classic. Too bad it fell off. Must have been a combination of my bad driving and the bumpy road. I would have liked to have done the trail in the Fish Hatchery, but I was happy to do Bennet Gap as many times as we did. I was just starting to get the hang of it. Maybe next weekend we could do some trails we missed including the trail in the Fish Hatchery.

-Carl

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BurlySurly said:
I should have come out and ridden with you guys instead of watching the Bears get their asses stomped again. Dam.
Yah i would too but i'm a few thousand miles too far to join up with you guys. Shouldn't feel bad i heard on the radio the Seahawks got chumped by Arizona today. Glad i was out riding oblivious to that crap.....

SilentBiker

Chimp
Jul 7, 2004
Asheville, NC
BurlySurly said:
Ahhh... A fellow Bears fan! I knew they would lose, so what's the point of watching anymore when you could be out riding? At least they beat the Packers this season.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
SilentBiker said:
The pumkin on my truck was classic. Too bad it fell off. Must have been a combination of my bad driving and the bumpy road. I would have liked to have done the trail in the Fish Hatchery, but I was happy to do Bennet Gap as many times as we did. I was just starting to get the hang of it. Maybe next weekend we could do some trails we missed including the trail in the Fish Hatchery.

-Carl
sounds good man, your driving was pretty good in my book too, we didn't end up getting killed or anything

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
SilentBiker said:
Ahhh... A fellow Bears fan! I knew they would lose, so what's the point of watching anymore when you could be out riding? At least they beat the Packers this season.
Yeah well, I always feel like Ive missed something really important if I miss a Bears' game. I rarely ever do. Since I was a little kid, Ive been such a huge fan that, win or lose, I just hafta watch them play. But yea, at least they beat the puckers.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
biggins said:
why didnt t-pirate post the pumpkin pic?
Damn I best do that. So we roll up to the top of 477 to find carls truck...and no fellow shuttlers. We couldn't find any paper. Suddenly Ben conjures a pumpkin and a sharpie. He slams the pumpkin onto carl's trailer hitch and writes this note on it. It reads: "Shuttling Perry see at parking lot. RESPECT fools!"

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
i carry a pumpkin at all times in case i run out of paper.
Curiouscaptian01 said:
Yeah, you could make a pretty good bong out of one if you ran out of rolling papers.... hahaha just kidding

Oh I thought he meant in case he runs out of TP he was gonna use the Pumpkin to........

They do things different in Black Mountain ya know. :monkey:

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
sounds good man, your driving was pretty good in my book too, we didn't end up getting killed or anything
yeh we succesfully did that on the trails. dude remind me never try to keep up with your fast ass.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
yeh. the view only changes if your the lead dog. wait didnt we almost kill that dog :nopity: :nopity: . he scared the piss outa me he poped up outa no where

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
me89 said:
yeh. the view only changes if your the lead dog. wait didnt we almost kill that dog :nopity: :nopity: . he scared the piss outa me he poped up outa no where
haha yeah, that hiker looked scared, I try to let him get the dog out of our way, but he just let him sit there, luckily I didn't hit him

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Curiouscaptian01 said:
haha yeah, that hiker looked scared, I try to let him get the dog out of our way, but he just let him sit there, luckily I didn't hit him
I'm surprised anyone wants to hike on that trail with all the riders that shuttle and climb it. I've heard its causing conflicts.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
yes deffinatly. and he was comming up the thing thats even more deadly. and man did you see the view he was lookin at. absolutly nothing lol. poor dog must have been bored to tears he should have followed us.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
me89 said:
yes deffinatly. and he was comming up the thing thats even more deadly. and man did you see the view he was lookin at. absolutly nothing lol. poor dog must have been bored to tears he should have followed us.

I kind of got the impression the dude was taking a leak and had to cut it off short, because he had a really weird look on his face