Quantcast

Pittsburgh Semi-beginner

Mastamind

Chimp
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello,

i've been lurking for a couple of days and decided to join. I just got back on my bike for the first time in 4 years last week. It's good to be back and i'm looking forward to the summer. I know most of the trails in Pittsburgh, because I used to ride when I was younger. I've got back to most of them recently and have fallen in love with riding again!

I have a 2000 Specialized Hardrock Comp which I still love to ride. I'm sure though I will have tons of questions.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Good to hear you're getting back into it.

I'm guessing you've probably got a hardtail of some sort? I ride DH/FR so I was thinking there aren't a lot of places to to do that around the 'burgh.:)

Don't forget to pad-up with the proper helmet and gloves.

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
And stay away from that heroin labeled "Get High or Die Trying" that they got floating around the burgh. I'm an ex-burgher that still looks at the Post Gazette online, (getting my Steeler fix) and I've been reading about that nasty stuff.

Mastamind

Chimp
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
SKC....Yes it is a Hardtail, and speaking of tails...mine hurts, but will be put into decent shorts saturday.

JonK....YUCK the O can't bring myself to eat there anymore, but primanti bros is another story.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
haha every town has to have its late night place for the drunks to eat. do you know if its still for sale or if someone bought it yet? whats the deal on that

Mastamind

Chimp
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
jonKranked said:
haha every town has to have its late night place for the drunks to eat. do you know if its still for sale or if someone bought it yet? whats the deal on that
As far as I know it's still for sale. I haven't heard anything since the beginning of the year.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
head over to laurel mountain summit on rt 30, about an hour away from the burg.