Quantcast

Pivot Play...

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
During a great days riding yesterday @ Diablo, i notices i have alot of play (looseness) on my Morewood Izimu Pivot....

While i thought it was a Bearing issue, i noticed that the SPI2 does not use bearings....

The SP2 is in great shape.... and was really tight... it just started happening this week... and i actually feel the looseness while riding....

Can anyone refer me to a few tips or tricks that can remedy this issue? Since there is no bearings... i can order another SPI2 but i don't think that'll help!

Thanks!!!!

Lions

Chimp
Sep 16, 2008
Big yellow land
Are you sure there aren't bearings? I have an '07 Izimu and there are definitely bearings in there. One on each side of the frame. It also has similar (the same?) components as what you show above.

dbozman

Monkey
May 11, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
There are two bearings (one on each side) that are a press fit into the rear triangle shell. Those linkage bolts run through the bearings. Great thing about M'wood is those bearings are common and easily replaceable (think I paid $12 for mine).

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Correction... yes there are Bearings in there... and i will replace the,,, i'm a numbnuts!!!!!

thanks for replying guys.. i will replace and see if they still have play...

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
I'm sure you have? but in case before you go after new bearings, check ya rear shock DU/reducers on the rear shock connection to the link, be a pain if it was that and often overlooked for play, but first place I always check till going 3pce/IGUS.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I'm sure you have? but in case before you go after new bearings, check ya rear shock DU/reducers on the rear shock connection to the link, be a pain if it was that and often overlooked for play, but first place I always check till going 3pce/IGUS.
yeah i double checked there, it's definitely the pivot bearings.....