Quantcast

Pizza toppings

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
We're doing pizza for friends before we go to Warren Miller later this week. For ten people I think we need four standard size pizzas (I want leftovers). So far I've come up with:

Pesto sauce, pear, sharp white cheddar, and mozzarella
Tomato sauce, roasted red peppers and roasted garlic
Tomato sauce, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and artichokes

I need at least one more, or two more to substitute for one of the above.

Let's hear what you all like.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
A little olive oil, thinly sliced fresh peaches, prosciutto, and fresh mozzarella. The key here is freshness but this is hands down one of the best pizzas I have ever made.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
For number four we're doing margherita, and I'm going to add some prosciutto or chicken to the sun dried tomato and artichoke one.

I'd like to try the peach one some time too, but maybe when it's just me and I don't have to worry about others liking it.

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Anchovies! With tomato and cheese. On a really thin crust. Little salty fillets of deliciousness.

Also good: roasted peppers, salami picante, onion, and tomato.

Willy Vanilly

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
San Jose
It's kind of a rip off of CPK but I think it tastes pretty good:

Hoisin sauce (look in the "asian food" aisle if you've got one) and peanut butter instead of tomato sauce
Mozarella
Cilantro and Carrots
Cubed, grilled chicken breast on top
Bean sprouts

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Fruit of any sort is not allowed on pizza in my house...

That being said-
Fresh garlic
little bit of onion
turkey pepperoni
chopped or roasted tomatoes
easy on the red sauce
Mozzarella

Or
Chicken
White sauce
Bacon
Chives
Mozz and cheddar mix

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Tomato sauce, roasted garlic, mushrooms (button or crimini, crimini is better) and shrimp. Mozzarella cheese.

You want a killer pizza dough recipe that's dead easy?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
"You want a killer pizza dough recipe that's dead easy?"

Okay, sure...bring it on. Stand by for reveiw.
Straight out of the Bread Baker's Apprentice (Pain a l'Ancienne)

383 grams of unbleached bread flour
8 grams of salt
3 grams on instant yeast (yes, the instant part is important)
10-12 oz of water, ice cold (Mix more water than you need with a bunch of ice cubes and park it in the fridge for half an hour.)

Mix all the ingredients in the mixer, two minutes on low speed. Change to the dough hook, 6 minutes on medium. Dough should stick to the bottom of the bowl, but come away from the sides. Oil a container (I use spray olive oil from Trader Joe's) and put dough in container. Spray the top of the dough, and cover tightly. Refrigerate overnight.

The day of pizza making, take the dough out of the fridge and let it warm up on the counter for 3-4 hours (2-3 hours in the summer when it's warmer). You need a ton of flour on the board, it's a really wet dough. Fold it over a couple of times, (a scraper works best) and then divide into thirds. Shape it out for a pizza crust, dock, and put your toppings on there. Drop the pizza onto a 500 degree (or hotter) stone. Cook until done...if the bottom gets done before the top, switch to the broiler. You can shape the second pizza after the first goes into the oven. Cooking time should be about 10 minutes, give or take a couple.

(Note: Pizza toppings should be precooked...don't be putting raw chicken on your pizza.)